Honest opinion - Is this a classic Tiffany piece?

AndieAbroad

UK via AUS and USA
Dec 1, 2012
If you're only planning on getting one Tiffany piece, I would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, DBTY in SS, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout Tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, I think the toggle one is the best choice by far.

lilmountaingirl

~i LVoe/Hate LV!~
O.G.
May 5, 2008
If you're only planning on getting one Tiffany piece, I would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, DBTY in SS, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout Tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, I think the toggle one is the best choice by far.
My thoughts exactly.

advokaitplm

Jul 11, 2012
andieabroad said:
if you're only planning on getting one tiffany piece, i would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, dbty in ss, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, i think the toggle one is the best choice by far.
+2

Oct 6, 2007
Shopping for Sparkle

agree...I associate the toggle styles as something a teenager wears....just my opinion :smile:

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I like this chain, I have the RTT version with the heart. I don't wear it a lot, but sometimes it is just the perfect accessory. Another bonus is that you can put the toggle in the back and put a charm in the front for a different option.

I'm 41, so not necessarily that young. Lol

Blossy

Dec 30, 2012
Australia
I think I like both the bracelet and necklace. I don't own any chunky style necklaces at all at this point.

I've also got other dainty pieces on my wish list (loving the Garden Medallion pendant) but I seem to just like this...

I don't see it often at all here, and Tiffany isn't particularly common amongst teenagers here either... no store and too pricey!

I guess I don't want to look silly.

LVoeletters

only the best
Aug 13, 2011
constant state of wanting sparkle
Tiffany silver among teenagers is very prevalent In the past couple of areas I have lived in over the years. This is usually their starter piece and then even they grow out of it. I'd recommend a different piece or to go w a bracelet instead. As a necklace I think you'll lose interest in it.

stmary

Feb 10, 2011

Agreed!

materialgurl

in a material world
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Tiffany silver among teenagers is very prevalent In the past couple of areas I have lived in over the years. This is usually their starter piece and then even they grow out of it. I'd recommend a different piece or to go w a bracelet instead. As a necklace I think you'll lose interest in it.
Agreed, I had this when I was around 16-17 and sold it when I turned 20. This is definitely a classic Tiffany piece, meaning that if you wear it, people will know it's Tiffany. I agree with the posters who suggested daintier pieces in the Tiffany collection.

Myrkur

Góðan Daginn
Jun 9, 2011
Personally, I'm not a fan of this style. So what I'm trying to say is, classic Tiffany piece or not, you should get what you like, not because it's a classic piece or not.

dster1

Sep 10, 2012
Not a fan of this style too. As others have mentioned, I would go for something daintier and suitable for everyday wear that can be dressed up or down. For reference, in 23 in a major metro area.