honest opinion -- gucci bouvier or chanel gst?

I also love Gucci so I think I can be honest.

I would go with the GST over this bag. I prefer a leather bag to a fabric bag, no matter what brand it is. I have the GST and love it. I guess you need to think about what you'll be using it for. I have a Gucci hobo and love it. It doesn't hold a lot, so I'm careful to use it a certain times. The GST holds a good bit, but it tends to be a bit heavier. Since there is more room, I throw more into mine.

Intlset, i think you sealed the deal when you pointed out that there is almost a $1000 price difference between the two. I am young (early 20's), and I have PLENTY of years ahead to collect chanel.

sorry, if I have offended anyone. this has really helped me think through this situation though and realize how vulnerable purse forum makes me to change my mind and doubt myself. I have been debating over the gst and when I saw nutmeghz pictures I was like, "ugh... i want it."

The Gucci is a great bag and I think it's definitely a classic. Enjoy and I'm glad you didn't let us change your mind!

A honest opinion, I definitely would go with the gst ! I don't like the design of this gucci, personally, I dislike the the green/red part ...it somehow reminds me of my mom's gucci bag 20+ years ago.

A honest opinion, I definitely would go with the gst ! I don't like the design of this gucci, personally, I dislike the the green/red part ...it somehow reminds me of my mom's gucci bag 20+ years ago.

that's the point... difference in taste.

I'm not a fan of the modern looking chanel bags (like the cloudy bundle, for ex.), because I like the more classic, conservative (old school? sure) look.

I think I'm going to keep the gucci?

I just tried it on with the different things I like to wear, and I just feel like it is so much more suitable to my style right now. Plus, my husband is talking about getting me an LV batignolles horizontal for my birthday in a month, and that would be suitable for work-wear...

Maybe this bag is uber preppy, and maybe I won't love it forever, but maybe I will. Intlset, i think you sealed the deal when you pointed out that there is almost a $1000 price difference between the two. I am young (early 20's), and I have PLENTY of years ahead to collect chanel.

sorry, if I have offended anyone. this has really helped me think through this situation though and realize how vulnerable purse forum makes me to change my mind and doubt myself. I have been debating over the gst and when I saw nutmeghz pictures I was like, "ugh... i want it."

I think this time i need to stick with my first impulse though. Thanks for your comments though, everyone!

Glad you were able to sort things out Lovey! It's so hard sometimes with sooooo many gorgeous bags out there to choose from. I think you made a great decision based on your own personal needs and situation. :yes: You're right - you have plenty of time to start collecting Chanels! The Gucci is so classic - you won't regret it. Enjoy your new bag and congrats!! :yahoo:

I prefer the GST simply because the Gucci is a fabric bag and i'm terrible with fabric bags! But whatever it is, stick with what u REALLY love, after all you'll be the one keeping the bag, not us =)