Honest opinion about square silk scarves?

:biggrin: Oooh some exciting posts have happened since Ive been away. I ve started on the autumn wardrobe clear out (very gently! And it's hot and I like to take it easy....:smile:) I have unearthed this CHANEL scarf from a few seasons ago, which I never wore... Any ideas what could be done with it? It's a 70 100 % silk. And pink- very pink!

This reminds me I have to take photos for you!!

I bought a bright Pucci scarf, 90cm, on Ebay specify to go with my new LV Alma. I see ladies on other threads with scarves tied to their purses, & I have not done that in 30 years, but it looked fun.

HOWEVER, 90 is way too big, and I am considering the great sin of having it cut in half & hemmed. I do not wear scarves anymore as they are way too warm for me, so it only works as a purse accessory.

I bought a bright Pucci scarf, 90cm, on Ebay specify to go with my new LV Alma. I see ladies on other threads with scarves tied to their purses, & I have not done that in 30 years, but it looked fun.

HOWEVER, 90 is way too big, and I am considering the great sin of having it cut in half & hemmed. I do not wear scarves anymore as they are way too warm for me, so it only works as a purse accessory.

Oh - do post a photo! Maybe one of the scarf experts can suggest more ideas...

Realizing the wordy redundancy :wondering of my post, I came back to edit this. But the site was down for a while, and now it's too late!

I do love wearing my scarves of all sizes, for their warmth and comfort, but also for the extra bit of interest and beauty they can add to the simple ensembles I favor. As I'm finding the Hermes design direction may be diverging from my own, can anyone suggest other brands to investigate?

I like Echo scarves. They're very well made and beautiful colors, but you can find many that are not too loud. I like to shop for vintage ones on eBay and etsy because they're cheaper there.

Here is a photo of my Puccini scarf. It is very bright colors and matches my Alma perfectly.

Hello mkpurselover, Love your Pucci scarf! :smile: Instead of resizing, maybe you could casually place most of the scarf in your bag, but with a portion poking out the top? Not sure if that would work, but It could look quite look nonchalant, as if you had been wearing the scarf, but just took it off. ;) Maybe that could give you the pop of color you're after, without altering a scarf you may decide you'd like full size in the future.

Hello mkpurselover, Love your Pucci scarf! :smile: Instead of resizing, maybe you could casually place most of the scarf in your bag, but with a portion poking out the top? Not sure if that would work, but It could look quite look nonchalant, as if you had been wearing the scarf, but just took it off. ;) Maybe that could give you the pop of color you're after, without altering a scarf you may decide you'd like full size in the future.
Thanks so much for your idea, I like it. And I realize I cannot cut this beautiful scarf. Buying another small silk scarf for something that can be tied, only 21 inch square.

Attachments

• Grace scarf(1).jpg
    Grace scarf(1).jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 745
Thanks so much for your idea, I like it. And I realize I cannot cut this beautiful scarf. Buying another small silk scarf for something that can be tied, only 21 inch square.

So glad you liked it, mkpurselover, please come back with modelling photos! :smile: Another small scale to try would be a pocket square or a handkerchief. Hermes silk "pochettes" are 45cm (almost 18" square).

So glad you liked it, mkpurselover, please come back with modelling photos! :smile: Another small scale to try would be a pocket square or a handkerchief. Hermes silk "pochettes" are 45cm (almost 18" square).
So I forgot to take a photo of purse/scarf after your great idea, so attached now. I am also wearing the scarf in another thread. See in plus size girls wardrobe. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Figue 5.jpg
    Figue 5.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 768
Lovely colour! And I love what you've done with the scarf- elegant and nonchalant...:smile:
Thank you. I am so very glad I did not cut the scarf; as it turns out I am wearing it more than I am using it in my purse. I love the thick quality silk and colors so much I find myself tying it over sweaters all the time.

Interesting topic, though I'm late on a discussion it seems :biggrin:

I've collected H scarves for years and used to wear them to office with upscale clothes though in less grown-up way (as a top or as a belt). But times have changed and like furniture sets are so passe and dated, so are suits and matching shoes and bags. Effortless look is what we are all after these days.
Soooo.... I still wear H carres but with jeans and chunky sweaters, to play them waaay down, or with a very plain and not at all flashy dress as a belt or a choker to lift it up a bit.
But truth to be told I'm leaning towards H cashmere shawls more and more, as they are more versatile and useful IMHO and suits my current life style of WAHM much more.