Honest opinion about square silk scarves?

I, too, have been favoring my inexpensive cotton and linen scarves for a pop of color and a more casual look.

I still am undecided on my 35x35's, however. Perhaps I should let them go -- I mean, there is never going to be a shortage of 35cm silks!!

:P

its hard to say without some photos... I dont have any Hermes so I dont appreciate them as much as the ladies who collected them and know the pain of hunting them down...;) I love this look though, from Mai tai

Attachments

• scarf.JPG
    scarf.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,163
I also love the way Paperiger has styled the raincoat using this scarf themed on our beloved QUEEN. The scarf is limited edition H and the raincoat Carries on the theme (Aquascutum silk trench coat (original design 1953) depicting the Queen's coronation . The clutch is a wallet isn't it? Absolutely love this as great example of style and finesse.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,187
I wear some kind of scarf as part of my work outfit at least 3 days a week, but it's out of necessity more than style: my office is always FREEZING and, doggone it, my neck gets cold! I honestly hadn't given a second thought to the idea of whether or not scarves are on trend right now. There are probably about a dozen "usual suspects" in my scarf basket that run the gamut from Hermès silk twill (pale butter yellow mostly, which goes with a lot more than one might expect) to random old rayon paisley from the '80s that I grabbed out of my mom's dresser the day after she died (burgundy, purple, and gold--which, again, ends up going with a lot more than one might expect!). 99 times out of 100 I just fold them diagonally into a long 4-inch-wide thick rectangle (unless they're long rather than square in the first place) and tie them around my neck as loosely as possible while still covering any chilly areas exposed by my collar/neckline. If I get hot later in the day, off comes the scarf, tied around my purse strap so I don't lose/forget it (but I bet if I looked behind the sofa in my office where my purse, coat, etc. get thrown in the morning there are probably at least a couple whose whereabouts have been a mystery).

We need more photos for this discussion....

:salute:

The 'keep my neck warm from the Spring breeze' through the ages set

Just fold inside collar or chuck on basket (this idea was made into the Gucci Positano bag a few years ago)

Vintage 1950s Gucci

556454_10151219365806013_321858751_n_zps0aeb0561.jpg

1970s Jackie O looking glamourous, done-up but still casual

jackioguccibag1970_zpsfa7f34f2.jpg

When I said chucked on, I literally meant chucked on :biggrin:

Me in H scarf (Quintessence) and YSL trench

yslmacquint_zps4ff408e2.jpg

We need more photos for this discussion....

I also love the way Paperiger has styled the raincoat using this scarf themed on our beloved QUEEN. The scarf is limited edition H and the raincoat Carries on the theme (Aquascutum silk trench coat (original design 1953) depicting the Queen's coronation . The clutch is a wallet isn't it? Absolutely love this as great example of style and finesse.

:yes: HUGE Steeple wallet used as clutch (I think it picks out the colours and lines of H's GT scarf

BACK TO SCARVES and their original intentions

Getting to be very fashionable again, the headscarf, these are all H (and mine)

90 (New Orleans)

maya1_zps68645615.jpg

45 (Amis pour la Vie)

maya5_zps797aaf67.jpg

70 (Clic Clac) + Mors scarf ring

CCaP.jpg

Over a cap + Romance croc belt (for a 90 just tie back on itself)

maya6_zpsec7b07bc.jpg

Under a cap on the 2007 H catwalk (not my photo obviously but same hat as above, and I have tried this with a 90 silk)

846ec2bf4a_zpsefa2024c.jpg

:salute:

The 'keep my neck warm from the Spring breeze' through the ages set

Just fold inside collar or chuck on basket (this idea was made into the Gucci Positano bag a few years ago)

Vintage 1950s Gucci

556454_10151219365806013_321858751_n_zps0aeb0561.jpg

1970s Jackie O looking glamourous, done-up but still casual

jackioguccibag1970_zpsfa7f34f2.jpg

When I said chucked on, I literally meant chucked on :biggrin:

Me in H scarf (Quintessence) and YSL trench

yslmacquint_zps4ff408e2.jpg

love your photos PT - especially the way you 'chuck on' your silk scarf. I do think scarves look better that way as they need to look impromptu and have movement...

Having just returned from the Hermes exhibition in London, I now have a new appreciation of their scarves... The skill involved is remarkable and they seem to employ super attractive craftspeople that somehow seem to look beautiful and elegant all the time... Maybe I need a scarf after all.
If you missed the exhibition check this thread out: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/festival-des-metiers-london-pics-820053-3.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,071
I like the way this little blogger wears hers. I like vintage things and I don't like too many recognisable brands which makes one look like a Christmas tree.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,092
Having just returned from the Hermes exhibition in London, I now have a new appreciation of their scarves... The skill involved is remarkable and they seem to employ super attractive craftspeople that somehow seem to look beautiful and elegant all the time... Maybe I need a scarf after all.
If you missed the exhibition check this thread out: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/festival-des-metiers-london-pics-820053-3.html

Thanks for the pic,

...and I really like the way this lady is wearing her scarf.

I'm so glad. Inspiration indeed.

I seem to be getting a yearning for mousselines now, something I always held back on. I am still only in the considering phase though ;)

Alas, the day I took off to go to the Saatchi (and the V&A) a meeting was booked at work that I decided I needed to be at :sad:

Happily, I did go to the Leather Forever 4 times last year and I also manged to get to the V&A exhibition :biggrin:

I'm so glad. Inspiration indeed.

I seem to be getting a yearning for mousselines now, something I always held back on. I am still only in the considering phase though ;)

Alas, the day I took off to go to the Saatchi (and the V&A) a meeting was booked at work that I decided I needed to be at :sad:

Happily, I did go to the Leather Forever 4 times last year and I also manged to get to the V&A exhibition :biggrin:

Leather for ever was much more extensive actually. I never made it to the v&A - when was that?