$558,000 - 6 bed 6 bath

c829113.jpg

$929,000 - 5 bed 3 bath

c854824.jpg

$2,288,000 - 5 bed 7 bath

c968711.jpg

$6,500,500 7 bed 11 bath

c861205a.jpg

& I believe this is the most expensive in Toronto currently, $16,000,000 6 bed 10 bath

c958218.jpg

I just got back from looking at this house in the Bay Area (Danville/Blackhawk):

$849,950 for 2468 square feet on a 7000 square foot corner lot. :wtf:

My realtor thinks it's steal!! :roflmfao:

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 32
I just got back from looking at this house in the Bay Area (Danville/Blackhawk):

$849,950 for 2468 square feet on a 7000 square foot corner lot. :wtf:

My realtor thinks it's steal!! :roflmfao:

Umm, it would be a steal in SF! We were unfortunate enough to buy last year, when prices were high and inventory in desirable areas was low. I won't tell you exactly what we paid, but it's not that much less than the house you just mentioned--and it's a fixer cottage with two tiny bedrooms, a tiny kitchen, and a tiny bathroom (probably less than 800sq. ft.) Oh, and we have no garage. We do have a bit of land in front, though, which is why we bought the property, but man, I wish we could have waited.:crybaby:

mgrqispi.dll
This is the most expensive house in San Francisco:

$65,000,000 in Pacific Heights, but it isn't even FINISHED--it's a fixer!!!

It has 0 Bedrooms, 0 Bathrooms, but it does have 20,608 sq ft of living space.

Attachments

• expensive.jpg
    expensive.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 35
A single family house in the Seattle area for under $200k is pretty much non-existant. Our median home price in the County went above $400k for the first time last year. I'm having a hard time retrieving pics from realtor.com but will try to post again later.

I live in the UK, prices are obscene too :wtf:

Unlike in the states, we do not get large gardens or grounds, the most popular housing at the moment is townhouses, as the builders can go higher, but get more homes on the plot. I am in Surrey, just outside London. The cheapest flat to purchase here is a one bedroom studio flat, and they start at 135K (about 240K dollars), one beds start at 165K (280K $) An average 4 bed detatched home is 500K (just under a million dollars) which is what we own, and for that we get a 40 ft garden :rolleyes: lol.

Youngsters here who are not on the property ladder to not have a chance of buying, they either have to rent (Cheapest studio flat rental is 700 gbp a month) or buy a share in a home. It sucks big time here :rolleyes: on top of all that you pay a council tax fee based on the price of your home, which costs another 3K per year.

I live in the UK, prices are obscene too :wtf:

Unlike in the states, we do not get large gardens or grounds, the most popular housing at the moment is townhouses, as the builders can go higher, but get more homes on the plot. I am in Surrey, just outside London. The cheapest flat to purchase here is a one bedroom studio flat, and they start at 135K (about 240K dollars), one beds start at 165K (280K $) An average 4 bed detatched home is 500K (just under a million dollars) which is what we own, and for that we get a 40 ft garden :rolleyes: lol.

Youngsters here who are not on the property ladder to not have a chance of buying, they either have to rent (Cheapest studio flat rental is 700 gbp a month) or buy a share in a home. It sucks big time here :rolleyes: on top of all that you pay a council tax fee based on the price of your home, which costs another 3K per year.

Chloe-babe: House prices in the U.S. are dropping to (for the first time in 11 years, so it's been all over the news), are houses in the UK dropping to? Are you guys in the middle of a boom, or are things pretty level?

House prices never drop in the UK, they just keep going up :sad: . Its a constant boom here, and things are getting out of control, I almost expect it living where we do as we are 20 mins from Central London and the same from Heathrow Airport, But even far from town prices are high. Houses in the country which were always much lower, are now also at a high level, so it is getting harder to move out to get better deals. Mortgages in the UK used to be based on 3 x times annual salary. Obviously that cannot be the case now, as that would never even by a studio flat, so people go into huge debt and get self cert mortages and then have massive trouble paying them back. The cost of living over here in the UK is very high too, its obviously great if you have made a killing on your house and are selling to downshift, but for most people, its incredibly hard to now get on the property ladder. We are seriously thinking of purchasing a flat now, and renting it out, as in a few years time when our children are ready to leave, how could they possibly afford to buy anything!:cursing:

since i'm in a rural college town, my finds are going to be a bit different than y'all's, lol.

in wonderful ATHENS, GEORGIA:

$184,500, 3 beds/2 baths, vaulted ceilings:
1960783.00.jpg

$590,000, 5 bed/6 bath, 2 Acres, marble and wood floors
551737.jpg

$1,200,000, 4 Bed/8 Bath, 1.5 acres
556217.jpg

Athens is EXTREMELY reasonable to live in and it has a lot of beautiful homes for less than $2 million. i even found a 100 year old plantation home with 30 acres for just a little over a million.

just to contrast, here's my hometown of Marietta, Georgia (a suburb of Atlanta)

$199,900 4 Bed/2.5 Bath
3348969a.jpg

$589,000, 6 Beds/5 Bath
3351025_0.jpg

$1,525,000, 5 Bed/4.5 Bath
1971303.00.jpg

Joey, that is an excellent example. In cheshire your 4.5 acres will cost you 1.5 million, in surrey, a very similar home but with under 1 acre its 3.5 million.
UK Estate agents with homes, houses & property for sale on rightmove.co.uk

That's very true, the house prices near London are crazy! I don't know how anyone manages to get on the property ladder down there. I think up north it depends which 'area' you live in as to what you get for your money. The £1.5mil example I gave before looks like a very countryside place where you probably get more for your money. However if you wanted to live in "Footballers wife land" of Alderley Edge this is what you'd get for your money - UK Estate agents with homes, houses & property for sale on rightmove.co.uk not a terrible lot when you think about it.

I also wanted to say how much I loved those houses Amanda posted, they look gorgeous! If I ever want to move to America when I'm older I'll know where to go.