Homemade headboard for a little girl?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys

I'm in the process of decorating my 2 year old's bedroom. I have the bedspread picked out and I'm about to paint the room.

I'm wondering if anyone has made a headboard for a twin sized bed... possibly out of a piece of picket fence from Home Depot/Lowes? I'm really thinking it would look great, because her room is going to be sort of young shabby/chic/..

I already have the bed frame/bed and would love to hear ideas, if you have any, TIA!

2. Oh, the picket fence sounds cute!

3. I think that your idea sounds great! You can also upholster a headboard in fabric by getting a piece of plywood cut, some foam, and staple gunning the fabric around the plywood and foam. I haven't done this before, but my mom has and it turned out great:smile:

4. So cute.Sounds great. Ensure that the piece of fence isnt pre treated with something harmful to young children.

5. No I think I'll get a plastic one (whatever that material is), rather than wood.