Homeland on Showtime

Help! Don't read if you haven't watched latest episode!!!!

Awesome episode, I was literally yelling "no" at the tv but Someone please explain what the heck happened with the Iranian guy and Saul. I didn't understand why he said what he said and what's really true about the deal.

Reactions: junqueprincess
Help! Don't read if you haven't watched latest episode!!!!

Awesome episode, I was literally yelling "no" at the tv but Someone please explain what the heck happened with the Iranian guy and Saul. I didn't understand why he said what he said and what's really true about the deal.

Javadi was telling the truth when he told Saul Iran wasn't doing an illegal arms deal with N Korea, but when he realized Saul was on the outs w CIA, he last-minute sided with Dar instead as the head honcho for protection from the IRGC since Saul no longer has pull. So Javadi lied to PEOTUS to keep Dar's ruse going (CIA and Mossad's fabrication of Iran's nuclear deal w N Korea) - it's Dar's hope that if the PEOTUS thinks Iran is doing a backdoor deal, she'll break the arms treaty.

How is it possible Quinn survived that?? He can barely walk, let alone swim. I'm glad he had the wherewithal to seek the protection of the water, but c'mon.

And did that assassin hire a lookalike to impersonate him at the motel?

Poor Astrid....

Yeah, I was praying that Quinn survived; it was a bit implausible but exciting. I think the assassin did hire someone to impersonate him. It looked like a woman made up like a man. I almost thought it was the woman who was watching the President Elect at the secret house.
But the episode had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire hour. It just moved from scene to scene with the suspense building.
So sad to see Astrid go. I love the character. She makes every line of dialogue meaningful.

So now we have Saul and Carrie and maybe Peter against the entire government.

(It was a funny line when Javadi asked Carrie if she was the best Saul could come up with. No wonder Javadi lost confidence.)

Yeah, I was praying that Quinn survived; it was a bit implausible but exciting. I think the assassin did hire someone to impersonate him. It looked like a woman made up like a man. I almost thought it was the woman who was watching the President Elect at the secret house.
But the episode had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire hour. It just moved from scene to scene with the suspense building.
So sad to see Astrid go. I love the character. She makes every line of dialogue meaningful.

So now we have Saul and Carrie and maybe Peter against the entire government.

(It was a funny line when Javadi asked Carrie if she was the best Saul could come up with. No wonder Javadi lost confidence.)

Agree about Javadi. For a stone cold murderer and traitor, he's pretty funny and semi-likeable [emoji55]

I am considering that it was Dar's Plan B to have Peter and Astrid killed. I'm not sure what he was going to gain by it. Why go to the trouble of having a false passport and SS card ready for Peter? Why take the risk of killing a foreign agent on US soil. Astrid was not a nobody in her foreign service dept and there will be questions about this. Of course, now that they will not find Peter's body, Dar just might blame her death on him. The fact that there was a passport makes me think that Dar wanted Astrid to take Peter back to Germany with her. I thought that was a crappy end for Astrid and did not like it one bit. She was too strong a woman and a character to be gunned down like that.
Javadi was never a man to be trusted and he smoked out the fact that Dar had more power and that is why he contacted him and lied to the Pres-Elect.
With 4 episodes left, it will be interesting to see how they can wrap up the Dar and the Franny stories. Max will have to do some heavy duty snooping for Carrie and Saul if anything is going to happen.
One more thing...DAR HAS TO DIE!

BTW,I did not believe Javadi for one nanosecond when he said that he had Brody's body moved to the cemetery of the martyrs. He wouldn't take the chance to bring notice to himself in that fashion. Plus he told Carrie that he would draw a map for her and give it to her later. Well when was later going to happen since he knew he was being driven away by Dar's men and when was Carrie going back to Iran anytime soon?

Last edited:
As always-brilliant observation!
The fact that there was a passport makes me think that Dar wanted Astrid to take Peter back to Germany with her.
I think that was what Dar and Peter agreed on when Dar came over. Dissapearing, living quiet life, etc. Maybe after listening and watching what was going on in the house (just a guess), Dar changed his mind re Quinn. The timing of grocery shopping, driving by assassin's hotel, seeing him walking around was all baiting, I don't understand Astrid's role in all that.

As always-brilliant observation! I think that was what Dar and Peter agreed on when Dar came over. Dissapearing, living quiet life, etc. Maybe after listening and watching what was going on in the house (just a guess), Dar changed his mind re Quinn. The timing of grocery shopping, driving by assassin's hotel, seeing him walking around was all baiting, I don't understand Astrid's role in all that.

Thanks! As I stated in my prior post, I think that this was plan B. If things did not seem to be working out with Peter, i.e., if he didn't quiet down etc Dar was going to "put him down" like a rabid dog. Astrid was just collateral damage in Dar's view. He couldn't get rid of Peter without getting rid of Astrid. I think he has established that he has no compassion, and no regard for human life. He is an amoral man. This is amongst the reasons why Carrie was so disgusted with his brokering a deal with the terrorist leader in Pakistan. Dar was allowing the guy to walk away after bombing and killing her colleagues at the embassy. Interestingly, he saved Saul's butt back then by obtaining the tape, but now he is so full of himself and his power that he threw Saul under the bus without a second thought.

So do we assume Dar is in collusion with the current president? Why isn't the President Elect wondering who organized her kidnapping? She's acting pretty dumb; is it the writing or is it the actress. She doesn't have much nuance (unlike Nina Hoss, for example). Lots to resolve in the final episodes.

Reactions: Freckles1
So do we assume Dar is in collusion with the current president? Why isn't the President Elect wondering who organized her kidnapping? She's acting pretty dumb; is it the writing or is it the actress. She doesn't have much nuance (unlike Nina Hoss, for example). Lots to resolve in the final episodes.

Yeah I can't pinpoint what's wrong with the Keane character. She's not an inherently unlikeable actress, and it seems the writers want her to be nuanced and complex. I just need her to simmer down and regain some modicum of intelligence for the last few episodes.

Yeah I can't pinpoint what's wrong with the Keane character. She's not an inherently unlikeable actress, and it seems the writers want her to be nuanced and complex. I just need her to simmer down and regain some modicum of intelligence for the last few episodes.

Re the actress, she plays unlikeable, hardass characters that hold fast to what she believes are strong morals and convictions, to the detriment of others. Similar to her Heather Dunbar character running for President in House of Cards.

Although she did play a hippie chick in Fargo the series that was a refreshing change.

It looks like Dar does have the support of the sitting President. Yes, I think that I would be turning over buildings to find out who engineered my kidnapping and sequestration. I found her totally unlikable from the start.