Home Typist/Data Entry Jobs- Is it legit?

LouisLady

May 22, 2006
Hi every1!
I was doing some job searching and ran into an ad for Home Data Entry. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about this? Is it legit? Or could it be a scam? I emailed them for more info and this is what they emailed me back:

Hello,

The position for Home Typist that you inquired about does require you to have a computer with email access. Printers are not at all required but can be helpful. You can begin working FT or PT; the choice is up to you. You will need typing skills for this position. You will be processing orders from your own computer via your email. This work from home opportunity will make you real money. You will not have to contact anyone; you will be contacted through your email. Now you must be willing to work, as with any job, and it does require some time and effort to be successful. You will be paid for each order you process, for example: if you process 25 orders a week, you will make about $500.00 weekly. The amount of money you can make depends on the time and effort you put forth. There is a one time fee of $5.00 to begin. This is the cost of Training Materials. The Training Materials give you the step-by-step instructions on how YOU can get started. When you receive your Training Materials you may begin working that very same day. Once you have processed your first order you will have already made back the cost of your Training Materials. You will receive your training materials through your email. I am here to help you get started and answer any questions that you may have. If you are serious, and are willing to put forth some time and effort, then I look very forward to hearing from you again.

Thank you,

What do you think?

:yes:

if they make you pay for your training stuff, i'd say it's not legit at all. there are usually plenty of data entry jobs available, so if you look around in your area, i'm sure you can find one that's legit. they also don't tell you how long an 'order' would take and if it's even possible to process 25 in a week, or if you'll even get that many orders. i'd say be aware!

I've been looking for work from home type opps and if they want $ from you, it's definitely a scam. A good site for work from home job opps is wahm.com. I know thay have listings for data entry type stuff.

Good Luck.

if they make you pay for your training stuff, i'd say it's not legit at all

very true, why would you have to pay too work for THEM? it sounds like this is all done through e-mail... so why would training materiials cost anything?

honestly these work at home things really arnt legit what so ever. if i were you i would also do a run on the 'business' name through the BBB web site to maybe get some back ground info.

I've done quite a bit of research on this subject as my mom was looking at a few of those ads.
I'd say the best thing for you to do is go to scam .com (put in a bit of the article there and see what people say about it.

There were some ads where the person asked you to pay via pay pal between 10 and 40 and they are major scams, they say they need it to send you material and thats only a small fee.

There is another site my mom is looking at at the moment and she thinks it's credible, if you are interested I can pm it to you to check out HOWEVER I have no idea whether they are good or not. The best thing to do is check with that site above.

I am willing to take up the job works.

Pls adjust the one time fee from the earnings i make it.

I can spare about 4 to 5 hours a day and can work

pls send the details of works.

thanks