Home Facials

Does anybody else use a at home facial steamer? It sounds like such a wonderful idea since my favorite part about getting facials is feeling the steam on my face! Can anybody recommend a good brand or even tell me which ones to stay away from? Thanks!!

Does anybody else use a at home facial steamer? It sounds like such a wonderful idea since my favorite part about getting facials is feeling the steam on my face! Can anybody recommend a good brand or even tell me which ones to stay away from? Thanks!!
I have a slightly older version of this one: Conair facial spa. It was $15 from Target. I can't think of any added features that would make it worth spending more money on something different :shrugs:
41P1Q3WXVHL._AA280_.jpg

I use SK-II cleansing oil which I absolutely love, but it's a bit pricey and many feel that DHC's or Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are just as good if not better. I find that massaging nightly with a cleansing oil definitely helps to rid my pores of blackheads and my skin seems to behave much better. I'm actually giving my friend a sample of the SK-II to try because she's been complaining of dullness/blackheads/dry patches.

As for masks, it really depends on your personal preference and skin-type. I know a lot of ladies have mixed aspirin into the Queen Helen Mint Julep mask (available from Walgreens--it's really inexpensive and great!) with great success!

Since you mention that your skin is dry, I'd also try sheet masks (the kind that come in individual packets and are face-shaped; you stick them on your skin for X amount of time then remove). There are some great moisturizing ones from various brands-my current fave is SK-II but again horribly over-priced, and there are definitely good ones out there.

The Exfolikate is a great facial treatment I try to use at least once a week. It has a lot of fruit acids and other great ingredients, and so I use it I definitely notice a glow to my skin the next morning. A good alternative is the aspirin mask though, as you can customize it to suit your skin's particular needs.

And I really have to say that I think the key to beautiful glowing skin is proper cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturization. Since your skin is dry, I wouldn't go overboard with the exfoliation but I really ilke Philosophy's Microdelivery wash as an everyday exfoliator that's not too harsh.

Thanks I had no Idea I could use sheets for dry skin will find the product this week.:yahoo:

I have naturally oily skin, but my home facials are good for all skin types. Every other night, I apply an aspirin and honey mask. It really helps minimize my pores and clean up my blemishes. I really see less blackheads on my nose.

And then every other night (when I DON'T use the aspirin and honey mask), I exfoliate my skin with just the aspirin and an electric toothbrush. At first I thought it would be too harsh on my skin, but the bristles are actually very soft. I just apply some aspirin to my washed and pat-down-dry face, and then use the Crest battery-operated electric toothbrush (only $7 at Target!) and exfoliate my skin for about 2 minutes. It is so great and your skin will be so smooth right after you wash your face. Great cheap alternative to those expensive face-buffing devices. (Just be careful: when using the toothbrush, the aspirin may splatter a little onto the mirror.)