HOLY S**T we were just robbed!? in two minutes..

I do feel your pain, aarti! My house was broken into TWICE during a 5 week period in 1991. It was also in a very nice neighborhood, the house was on a corner, very visible to passing traffic. It "shouldn't have" happened, but it did. There was a road crew finishing up the widening/sidewalks on the side street. They were out there when I left every morning (at exactly the same time), so I still think it was someone on that crew. It happened both times while I was at work. It's a long story, but they got a HUGE chunk of my jewelry the first time and came back looking for the rest of it the second time (what was left was put away in a safe).

After the second round, I got an alarm system put in.... Bottomfeeders!!:cursing:

living in nyc teaches you quick never to leave anything valueable in the car. it's happened to me before too. lost a ton of stuff, valued over 1000 at the time and this was way before i was even into handbags! they will get whats coming to them.

Something like this has happened in my neighborhood recently too... Normally, we feel safe enough that if we forget to lock our car doors or leave the garage open, nobody will steal or go through our possesssions...

However, one night, my brother came home around 2 am, and I guess he forgot to lock the doors of his mercedes... so, the next day, I went outside and saw the two of the front doors wide open, with the glove compartment hanging open as well. Luckily they didn't take anything but a pair of $10 sunglasses... we didn't notice anything else missing. He's just lucky he didn't leave anything valuable in his car that day!

I'm sorry this happened to you... it's so frustrating, but it just goes to show that anything like this can happen anywhere. I hope the police catches those punks!

OMG! I'm jsut glad that you're fine. They were probably watching you as you got out of your car to be able to dot hat real fast. I hope the police will find them. I'm so scared thinking about the info they have on you out there.

Don't get me started on the lazy punks who want the things that we work hard for, because they are too lazy to work for things themselves! They just want to get things handed to them. Society has created these lazy monsters by excusing their behavior and writing it off as "bored" or "not given a chance". What it really boils down to is: they didn't have a positive role model that kicked them back in to line when they started getting out of line when they were young! I hope that you get your stuff back and the punk does a little jail time.