Holy moly.....James Perse t-shirts run VERY LARGE!

TresChic35

The Newbie?
Aug 13, 2007
I'm usually a medium in most items, so I purchased the size 3 for these 2 James Perse tops. I even contemplated on purchasing a size 4 because I was afraid that the t-shirts would run smaller and shrink in the dryer. Well good thing I didn't!! The size 3 is huge on me. I'm floating in it! I'm thinking of putting them in the dryer.

Are James Perse tops very durable? They look like ordinary t-shirts to me. I don't understand why they're so popular. If they're very durable though and last a long time, I might consider purchasing more. I have some A&F tshirts and the fit is great, but they pill like crazy and the cotton isn't soft anymore.

JAME-WS493_V1.jpg

Mini Jersey Deep V Neck Tee

and

JAME-WS362_V1.jpg

Vintage Short Sleeve

^^Should I wear a tanktop underneath the white top?

james perse makes good cotton clothes. they look nothing special but they are very soft and durable. i have some tops by the brand and they stay well.

^^It seems like those styles are supposed to fit pretty loosely. I have never had problems with pilling on my James Perse shirts, and they are very old. However, I would not put them in the dryer, just lay flat to dry instead.

That particular style runs large. It's meant to be loose and slouchy, not form fitting. He has numerous styles-you really have to try them on.

Oh, its supposed to be very loose and slouchy? OOPS...haha I'm overreacting for nothing. I was looking for something that was a tiny bit more fitted.

HMMMM.......maybe I can edit this thread and turn it into a "Show off your James Perse classics" reference thread with pictures? Is that a good idea?

i think size 2 would of been a wiser choice since isnt that the medium?

edit: if there a bit loose, pair them up with leggings! ;)

I tried it on and my friend said that it looks strange when its loose like this on me. Hmmm...maybe I can't rock the loose/slouchy t-shirt style?

A size 1=xsmall 2=small 3=medium 4=large.

Good idea with the leggings! I might also consider skinny jeans and a waist belt over the shirt.

I don't have any of the short sleeved shirts, but I LOVE JP's long sleeved, slouchy necked ones. They're so soft and cozy, I live in them in the fall when the weather is cooler. I have them in a bunch of colors, and those seem to run more TTS.
The sizing on the ones you're asking about, then, reminds me of American Apparel, since their sizing is unisex.

That particular style runs large. It's meant to be loose and slouchy, not form fitting. He has numerous styles-you really have to try them on.
ITA with this. I think JP tees are the Louboutins of the tee-shirt world: the sizing totally varies and you have to try the particular style on to know what size you need. I literally have some 1s and some 3s, it totallly depends on the style. I haven't had any pilling on my JP tees.

I tried it on and my friend said that it looks strange when its loose like this on me. Hmmm...maybe I can't rock the loose/slouchy t-shirt style?

A size 1=xsmall 2=small 3=medium 4=large.

Good idea with the leggings! I might also consider skinny jeans and a waist belt over the shirt.

i love that idea with the belt! :tup: i say keep it and if you still want more fitting tees you can either try a smaller jp or try aa.

I recently tried on some JP tees and was so disappointed. The first one had the worst makeup stain around the color I had ever seen, the second one has a hole in the sleeve, and the stitching had sort of come out in the third one. I was so shocked and put off I didnt even bother looking for some cleaner untorn version.

I recently tried on some JP tees and was so disappointed. The first one had the worst makeup stain around the color I had ever seen, the second one has a hole in the sleeve, and the stitching had sort of come out in the third one. I was so shocked and put off I didnt even bother looking for some cleaner untorn version.

once i ordered a JP top from saks. later they called me and told me the top was the last one they found a defect on it. so the order was canceled.