Holy Moly Coach's $458 Sweatshirt and Other Clothing!

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
I just saw this on their FB page and almost fell over! This is a cute sweatshirt, I could myself paying may $98 because I love the brand but $458!!!!! Also noticing some other oddities like a plain grey turtleneck for $298!!! Can't I buy this at Target for $10? I do like the pink rabbit tunic but not for $1798.00

If this is the new business model, I have serious doubts about it's success. I know people pay crazy prices for anything LV but the brand is perceived as more high end so people would $298 for a plain grey turtleneck that have an LV somewhere. Not me but I know others who would.

For me if I am going to spend $458, I am buying a Coach bag not a Coach sweatshirt. (and what is with the back zip on everything?)

Please weigh in, curious what others think about this.

Attachments

• Coach Sweatshirt.jpg
    Coach Sweatshirt.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 889
The prices are a joke. I noticed the clothing a month or so ago and wondered why no one on tPF was posting about it. I guess eventually it will all go to outlet or www.coachfactory.com at end of season. But I wouldn't buy it at half price. I don't like stuff written real big on my sweat/T shirts. I like solid and plain stuff.

Gah! 3/4 sleeves! There's nothing I disdain more on a shirt/sweater.

Those are crazy prices; no way would I pay anywhere near that much for a sweatshirt...for that kind of money, I would also buy a bag and still have money left over for an accessory of some sort. There has to be a HUGE profit margin on that sweatshirt, considering they sell quite a few different styles of solid leather bags for less than that. Wow!

The prices are a joke. I noticed the clothing a month or so ago and wondered why no one on tPF was posting about it. I guess eventually it will all go to outlet or www.coachfactory.com at end of season. But I wouldn't buy it at half price. I don't like stuff written real big on my sweat/T shirts. I like solid and plain stuff.

Me too lol. I think they look nice on other people, but I can't stand to wear them myself.

I hate this, too...sooo uncomfortable! I think their clothes are really nice, but not for those prices.