HOLY CRAP!!! I was never charged for SHOES!

Jun 3, 2006
WOOOWW!!! So I just realized today, over a year ago...when I went to NYC...i never got charged for the margot shoes that I bought there :shocked:

I was organizing my receipts and I have the NYC one in a special place...I saw that the shoes aren't on there...I only visited the one store...I even checked my bank account statement and it showed the same thing. never another charge from coach when in NYC

I have used these shoes for over a year...I can't return them...what should i do? Am I a thief? I never realized this when I left the store. it was a hefty bill and i just paid w/o thinking twice...i never checked the receipt b/c a $100 is something i would not have noticed since it was a pretty big charge.

I even have a nice thank you card from that same store saying to come visit on my next trip. Would they not have had any records indicating that they were short on cash and on inventory?

So I guess I got a free pair of coach shoes, but i feel really guilty:shame:

I would say lucky you!!! (Just don't ever go back there! - j/k) I am surprised that the shoes or the box didn't have a security tag on it! At this point, like September 24 said, consider it a gift!!

Lynne:biggrin:

If I had noticed it right away, I would have gone right back to correct the error. (I'm honest like that) But after a year, what can you do? They probably wouldn't even have a way to charge you at this point.

You're not a thief. It's unfortunate for the store that they somehow missed this, but seeing as it has been a year and you aren't even close to NYC, there's not much you can do but continue to wear them. Hehe!

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Not much you can do about it now, and it was an honest mistake to take the free shoes. Enjoy them and don't worry about it!

You did manage to pay for all the other items (with the intention of including the shoes), it was an oversight on the cashier's part. You have been enjoying the shoes, so there isn't much you can do about it now.

LOL, that is pretty lucky! ITA with all those who say to consider it a gift at this point. This reminds of when I once made a purchase at the store but they had to order from JAX. I also purchased a bag for my DD too so when they brought out the bag I left. Later when I looked in the bag I noticed two boxes and thought that was odd, so I checked them. One had the duffle in the dark green! I went right back to the store - those SAs never looked so happy to see me!

This far away in time I would let it go, but it was closer in time I would contact them. At this point correcting it would probably be a hassle. I would donate the cost of the shoes to a charity. Maybe breast cancer since Coach supports that cause. Then my conscience would be clean.

I agree with everyone else. Not your fault and at this point, they probably would have no way of charging you. Even if they did, I'm not sure I'd bother at this point and I'm totally the type that goes back if I realize it right away.

I've had that happen before (not at Coach) and didn't notice til' some time had passed. It's really to late to do anything about it. You got a free pair of shoes.

Maybe donating them to Goodwill when you're done with them VS selling them would set your mind straight, and you wouldn't feel guilty.