Holy cow! USPS shipping rates increase.

mashanyc

Oct 19, 2010
Just printed some shipping labels. USPS Express flat rate envelope international from $27.55 to $38. Huge increases in Priority rates too. I increased my shipping rates accordingly

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Sure hope not. It will hurt my sales since more than half of my buyers are international.. And I only ship USPS Express. This really sucks
Thanks for the heads up. I might have to explore fedex rates.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Well, I looked on Fedex's site and it looks like the rates are actually higher for international shipping :sad: Maybe DHL? But I have a feeling that USPS will still be the cheapest option.
It is the most convenient for me:smile:
What about UPS international?

mashanyc

Oct 19, 2010
my buyers are adamant that I only ship USPS. Especially EUR buyers. almost every buyer specifically asks me to only ship USPS

shopaholism

Jul 23, 2011
the cornfields
^Blah, unfortunately, you're right. They also haven't helped themselves though (closing PO branches and making it even more of a PITA to ship things out, etc). Sellers like us depend on them, so I really hope they don't go under completely, but maybe they need to rebrand themselves as a shipping service rather than as your general snail mail/letter courier...

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Of course I sold 3 things this yesterday and will be eating the costs of the price increase on those 3 items. I wish eBay would add in the increase a few days early.