Holy cow!! I'm starting to have the WORST luck with Coach!!!

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
As much as I don't like to admit it, I'm either just having a string of bad luck as of late, or there are really a lot of quality issues with Coach products! First my gunmetal Peyton, with the metallic wearing off in essentially one day (just out shopping, and the bag sat snugly on my shoulder with little rubbing). Then the Legacy satchel stitching issues, and now my darn charm bracelet I just bought!! :tdown:

I was SO happy because I found the Daphne bracelet several days ago at the outlet. See attached pic for reference that I borrowed from Ebay because I'm too lazy to photo mine at the moment, lol!

Unfortunately, it was $180 at the time, and I wasn't sure I wanted to sink that much money in a bracelet. Also, I got sidetracked because I discovered they had the Bleecker St. Josie that would match my atlantic Peyton (and was also almost as expensive), so I bought that and some other things instead. I had them hold a bag and the charm bracelet and thought I would return over the weekend after I saw how much "damage" I did at the other outlets, lol.

I was SOOO happy because in that time frame, they marked the bracelet down from $180 to $50!! :yahoo: Of course I jumped on that and also a couple of other jewelry and charm items since the price was so cheap. I couldn't wait and wore the bracelet for that afternoon and all day the next day. Unfortunately, this morning I go to put it on and discovered that the gold is wearing off on the ball chain, dog leash clip, and the glass cross charm...already!!! :tdown: Honestly, this is the WORST piece of jewelry I have owned, and I've been wearing the really cheap gold tone Lucky Brand stuff for a while now, and never a problem! I think I'll be sticking to that and other brands in the future when I want bulky jewelry!! I wonder who makes Coach jewelry??

I can swap this bracelet, but I have the feeling that it will just happen again. Anyone else had this issue with Coach jewelry?? I've never had a problem with any of their gold tone watches or basic bangles before, and I wear them a lot, so I was VERY surprised and disappointed that this happened!!:crybaby:

Other than that, it was a FAB weekend at the outlets, and let's just say that damage was definitely done on the wallet!!! :graucho: So much great stuff!!! :tup:

Attachments

• daphne.jpg
    daphne.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 119
Gee, I am really sorry to hear you are having a bad run with Coach. I had a very similar issue with my Antique Gold Editorial Zoe. I purchased it as a pilot bag and a week later I noticed serious flaking. I returned it and got another one in hopes that that bag had just been defective. NOPE! That one had to go back too. I am done with metallic bags! I replaced it with an amethyst Legacy satchel. I am hoping my stitches stay in place! I am glad you had a great weekend at the outlets!

Gee, I am really sorry to hear you are having a bad run with Coach. I had a very similar issue with my Antique Gold Editorial Zoe. I purchased it as a pilot bag and a week later I noticed serious flaking. I returned it and got another one in hopes that that bag had just been defective. NOPE! That one had to go back too. I am done with metallic bags! I replaced it with an amethyst Legacy satchel. I am hoping my stitches stay in place! I am glad you had a great weekend at the outlets!

Wow, I'm so sorry about your Zoes! I also considered this bag, but one Zoe pilot I saw on display also had wear around the bottom area where it was sitting on the shelf. In general I do think smooth metallics are worse. I've had the platinum Bridgit and Juliette for a while now and no real problems...but they are heavily textured and a diff. metallic finish.

I was at the outlet this weekend and they had the watch that u have the multi snap one and the gold on it was rub off in some area and I ask the SA about the gold rubing off, she said the gold will rub off but to prevent it I should put clear on polish on it.

I was going to get that bracelet at the outlets. But my intentions were to take it apart and use some as purse charms or key fobs. I like the lock. I'm sorry you're having bad luck with Coach, hopefully things will get better soon.

hmm maybe you should switch it for a wristlet or some charms. i like the look of coach jewelery but i dont think its worth it, its just gold plated or coated. for the prices of some of their stuff i can get real gold from zales.

Gosh, it is ruined already! That is ridiculous! I bought that same bracelet this weekend and I was wondering if it was a decent quality or not. I usually wear Tiffany stuff but thought this was cute. I also have a few other Coach jewelry pieces and havent had any problems with those. I will have to wear mine and let you know what happens. :wtf:

I was at the outlet this weekend and they had the watch that u have the multi snap one and the gold on it was rub off in some area and I ask the SA about the gold rubing off, she said the gold will rub off but to prevent it I should put clear on polish on it.

I've been wearing that watch a lot (almost daily) since I got it and it hasn't rubbed off at all. I hope it doesn't!

I hate to say it but I have been have the same quality issues with coach. It really sucks because if you buy an expensive bag it should be able to last longer than a few uses! SO far I have had two fraying Carlys and a medium Lily that basically fell apart after two weeks. It is really sad.

I was going to get that bracelet at the outlets. But my intentions were to take it apart and use some as purse charms or key fobs. I like the lock. I'm sorry you're having bad luck with Coach, hopefully things will get better soon.

I was actually going to use it as both, like the bracelet on the Hamptons bags. I might take the charms off, though, just because of this. I noticed some of the charms seem to have a different finish and the gold is not rubbing off. I guess I will exchange it and try another one.

I hate to say it but I have been have the same quality issues with coach. It really sucks because if you buy an expensive bag it should be able to last longer than a few uses! SO far I have had two fraying Carlys and a medium Lily that basically fell apart after two weeks. It is really sad.

Geez...I'm so sorry about the bags!! You're right...it totally bites, and makes you skeptical about exchanges or even future purchases!

Gosh, it is ruined already! That is ridiculous! I bought that same bracelet this weekend and I was wondering if it was a decent quality or not. I usually wear Tiffany stuff but thought this was cute. I also have a few other Coach jewelry pieces and havent had any problems with those. I will have to wear mine and let you know what happens. :wtf:

Yeah, I love their bangles and watches, and never had a problem. I don't usually wear fancy jewelry (the safe wears it, lol!), and I'm aware of potential issues with cheaper stuff but just never had this kind of problem with the stuff I normally wear. Thie bracelet is definitely really cute, and I'll probably just exchange it and not wear it as jewelry...like TnC says and use it as handbag charms/fobs.

I don't own any Coach jewelery but my older sister has a couple of gold-tone rings. She hasn't had any of the gold rubbing off the rings yet (she got them in February.

My friend and I both had to return our gold Bridget bracelet and necklaces a few weeks ago. It was the second time she had to return hers too. I definitely will not purchase gold anymore and I am hesitant on even purchasing the silver Peace earrings that I'm interested in.

It seems like a lot of us are having a string of bad luck with quality issues.