Holy Cow - A Fake Jacinda Already???

Oh no I actually bid on this one!! It looks so real too...

About the black Devin-the leather looks exactly like the nice leather on my black Holly, I didn't think this one was fake but does someone here actually own one for comparison??

Sorry if I'm mistaken-but what looks fake about this inside?? The fabric and plate looks identical to my bags...

The first 2 are of my Holly-the third is from the Devin auction...

Attachments

• IMGA0609.JPG
    IMGA0609.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGA0610.JPG
    IMGA0610.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
  • devin.jpg
    devin.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 37
The pocket differences were in reference to the Jacinda bag. You really can't compare insides on different bags as there are sometimes different pockets or extra key clips and pen holders.

I had a Black Devin. She was lovely. The same kind of leather as my Red Elisha. Thick and matte. This picture I posted looks like a wrinkled mess comparatively. The bags can look identical and the only difference will be the leather quality. The fakers have pretty much covered making the correct zippers now.

I can't believe this bag is still up. The more I look at the more I see what's wrong with it. Those pleats are all wrong.

The Pamela: I had been really smitten with the silver Pamela at one point. Given that I have NO CLUE how to tell the difference between the fake and the real and that it really is difficult to tell, I gave up. Too dicey.

AlbertaMommy: Did you cancel your bid? Maybe it won't matter as the seller's reserve still hasn't been hit and it won't sell or someone may outbid.

Well, as an update for Jacinda lovers who may be watching this fake bag that is STILL listed, the following are also indicators of fakes:

The fake bag's bottom is a single, flat narrow seam; like the bottom of an envelope. An authentic Jacinda has a panel with three seams (sides and middle=three) that keeps the bottom nice and flat and really helps maintain its shape. It was a feature I really liked about the bag. Compare the bottom of the fake to pics of completed Jacinda listings that had pics of the authentic bag's bottom and you'll easily see what I'm referring to.

The back of the strap that encircles the top of the bag should have a single antique brass rivet. The fake bag is missing this stud/rivet.

FYI....

Is the Jacinda really that narrow? The straps on the alleged fake look kind of short too. I just bought a brown Jacinda from Neiman Marcus online and it doesn't look so puny on that website. I hope it isn't that puny, otherwise it's going back.
Here's the picture from Neiman Marcus:

Attachments

• NMV052K_en.jpg
    NMV052K_en.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 41
  • NMV052K_mn.jpg
    NMV052K_mn.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 28
I don't think the bag in the ebay listing is a Jacinda and I'm not so sure it's fake. I think it's actually a Jaylin. The shorter strap, the smaller dimensions and from the pics on Shopbop, it looks like the Jaylin has an inside zipper pocket. Of course if the seller is selling other fake bags, who knows.

I bought a bag that looks just like a freddi except there are pockets on both ends. Also the lining is dark brown and has Kooba throughout. Is that a fake bag. I hope not, it's so pretty and the leather is so nice. I just need some guidence. thanks.