Holt Renfrew sold me a damaged RM bag

MissCrystal

Nov 7, 2007
I'm so mad, I need to vent.

So today I was around downtown Vancouver and decided to go into Holt. I saw this gorgeous mini mac in blue and right away I snatched her up. While the girl was ringing me up I asked if they had anymore and she said she had another one in the back. She grabbed it and just packed it up. Stupid me didn't even bother checking (I had too much faith into Holt and their quality) I ran a few more errands and met up with a friend.

It wasn't until 8:30 I took the bag out and was near tears. The whole bag was damaged, the tassels were chopped off and it was covered in holes. I sent Holt Renfrew a very stern email and I'm going to call first thing in the morning.

The worst thing is they sold me the bag for full price !!! I just hope they don't turn around saying I damaged it. :nogood:

thanks for letting me vent ladies.

i'm so terribly sorry. that is a horrible experience. i do hope you are refunded. how on earth could they sell that too you without even showing you the item first? when in person, the customer is supposed to SEE what they are purchasing. she should have shown it to you before packaging the item. poor service. Great luck to you.

Oh no, I'm so sorry that they sold you a damaged bag. I've noticed you really have to check their bags over when buying, they have some bags in really questionable states. Like today I saw a couple of their bags on display had stains, dirt marks, and discolouration. i.e. A Kate Spade large dome bag in a coral colour that had some sort of fading in the front that was at least 2 inches in diameter. :tdown:

If you don't have an SA, I can recommend one who's great, I hope this works out for you either way.

Thanks guys. I just can't get over how Holt let such a damaged bag be sold. My mom told me it looks like its a factory fault but who knows. Here are a couple of pics.

rebeccaminkoff3.jpg

rebeccaminkoff2.jpg

rebeccaminkoff1.jpg

I really hope they do a full refund and a very sincere apology. This is unacceptable. I've been to other stores and they have damaged goods and label them "factory fault" with a huge discount. And Holt didn't even do that ? I'm in such disbelief.

Thank you miyomi I'll see how they handle this situation and determine If I'll ever go back or not after this. I'm going to wait until the store opens at 10 and try to talk to the store manager before I go down there.

In your pictures, I don't really see anything wrong with the bag but I do see the issues you have with the tassels. Looks like the ends tore off, maybe someone was testing the waters on the display bag! That just sucks... I think it'd be best for you to get a fresh bag from the stock in the back if they have it. Good luck! :smile:

So I was able to get a full refund on the bag after trying to convince the manager of Holt that the tassel problem was not common. She tried to tell me that tassels are usually different sizes from one another :rolleyes: I even showed her what my black mini mac looked like and she got even more confused.