Holt Renfrew: Fall/Winter Designer Sale up to 60% off

Mar 27, 2009
Holt Renfrew: Fall/Winter Designer Sale up to 60% off
Starts December 1 to December 24, 2010. Save up to 60% off on selected mens and womens fall designer fashions ans accessories.

*Excluding cosmetics, fragrances, Carole Tanenbaum, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci watches, Dior, MaxMara (except for December 2nd to the 8th), Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., Links of London, Diesel Denim,Thomas Pink, Holt Renfrew Furs and other selected departments. Excludes holts salon & spa gift certificates and services. Excludes all Resort and Spring 2011 fashions and accessories; Made to Measure. No price adjustments on prior purchases. Sale in effect from Wednesday, December 1st through Friday, December 24th, or while quantities last. Styles, quantities and sizes are limited and vary by store.

Link: http://www.holtrenfrew.com/holts/pag...?language_id=1

liters

O.G.
Jan 13, 2010
thanks for the info!! that's a lot of exclusions, also their customer service sucks!

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Canada
I don't even bother going when Holt has a sale anymore. By the time I get there, everything I would remotely consider purchasing is either (a) not on sale/excluded entirely or (b) gone by lunchtime on the first day. I recall purchasing a navy Marc by Marc Jacobs bag (the Totally Turnlock Baby Aidan) at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale during their summer sale and the SAs were surprised that an *attractive* purse was still in the sale pile. You know it's bad when the SAs are surprised... :-/

Nicola_Six

The Enabler
Nov 26, 2010
Over the Rainbow
I was at the Holt's at Bloor today. They had some nice Tory Burch and Michael Kors wallets on sale, but I didn't see any purses of note. There's not a great selection of purses on sale, IMO.

On the other hand, there are some great shoes on sale! I tried on YSL Tribtoos that are around $550 (size 5), and they had some gorgeous Alexander McQueen booties for around $700 (size 5 and 6). I also saw lovely purple suede Christian Louboutin booties on sale (size 6) - didn't see the price on it. I didn't look at the selections in the other sizes because I didn't have too much time, but they looked even more plentiful than the smaller sizes. If I wasn't on a shopping ban, I would have snapped up those McQueen beauties...

Nicola_Six

The Enabler
Nov 26, 2010
Over the Rainbow
Hi Nicola_Six, did you see any Marc Jacobs bags/purses on sale??
Hmm...I saw one patent kelly-green quilted tote on one of the shelves that looked like a Marc Jacobs, but I can't promise it was. That's the only purse I can think of that was Marc Jacobs...sorry!

I asked one of the SAs if the sale madness for purses and wallets were confined to the two tables across from where (regular-priced) the Balenciaga purses are stationed - she said yes.

The purses and wallets filled up two tables, about 11 feet long and 3 feet wide each, and also a few of the shelves on the walls (next to the regular-priced Valentino purses) around the tables. Come to think of it, some Valentino purses MAY be on sale, but don't quote me - it could be that they are regularly-priced and just weren't moved out of the way.

I ended up at Holt's around 6 p.m. so I think a lot of the selection had been picked through by then. There were quite a few women milling around the table, picking through the purses and wallets, but no one clutching onto anything other than the Tory Burch and Michael Kors wallets. I think the Michael Kors wallets were priced at around $100. None of the styles of the purses really jumped out at me, and the people around the tables didn't seem impressed either.

The brands of purses I remember seeing were Kate Spade (a pretty gold tote), Tory Burch (including a coin purse), one sad-looking Burberry small plaid hobo (because it was buried under some other purses), one Jil Sander (don't remember the style), some Marc by Marc Jacobs (I think wallets and/or a few purses), and one camel-coloured Michael Kors tote (looked like the Skorpios tote because it has the circular-shaped handle) that looked a bit frazzled and wrinkled. I think it was on sale for around $600.

I hope this info helps! And definitely check out the shoe sale - wayyyy better IMO than the purse sale. Happy shopping! :smile:

luv2fly

Oct 20, 2010
Ladies Michael Kors has just recently openend an outlet store in Vaughan Mills mall. The pricing is definitely attractive. I haven't been by recently but that is where I picked up my last 2 MK's

Nov 3, 2008
There were about 20 Prada bags (15 or more styles) on sale at Yorkdale today, all at least 40% off. I grabbed a cute little fuxia vitello shine bag (BR4316) for $599!

Last edited:

Nicola_Six

The Enabler
Nov 26, 2010
Over the Rainbow
Thank you the detailed acoount, Nicola_Six!
My pleasure! :biggrin:

But ugh, I think the SA at Holt's on Bloor was totally wrong about the sale being confined to the two tables. :cursing: I was at the Holt's at Yorkdale today and there were lots of purses on sale on many different tables - including a great selection of Prada (at the Prada section, as mlle chance said above), Marc by Marc Jacobs, some Marc Jacobs, one glittery Valentino purse, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Burberry, and a few Michael Kors. The alternative is that the Holt's on Bloor has smaller selection of sale items - but that's doubtful...

The shoe sale at Yorkdale isn't as good as the one on Bloor, however - although they had some really awesome Marc by Marc Jacobs boots on sale for $359 (down from $560 thereabouts).