Hollywood Divas

tonij2000

Luvs Leather
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
When "Hollywood Divas" debuted the first episode of season one, some fans were happy to see Elise Neal, Countess Vaughn, Golden Brooks, Lisa Wu and Paula Jai Parker back on the small screen, others deemed the cast as irrelevant and wondered why they should even bother to watch the show.

Although a few of the ladies haven't been in front of the camera whether for a reality show, movie or tv series, Elise didn't take very well to critics harsh opinions of her relevance, especially when she says she's still been thriving in her acting career.

In a recent interview with Sister 2 Sister magazine, Elise took a moment to silence haters questioning the "Hollywood Divas" cast's relevancy and revealed that she's been steadily working in the entertainment business for the past 25-years.

"I'm very proud of the work I've been able to accomplish in my 25-odd-career," Elise said. "I've been in No. 1 movies at the box office; I've been on seven television shows."

Although she couldn't speak for her cast mates who voiced some of their struggles in season one's first episode, Elise says that she's been working consistently, with at least one featured role a year.

"There has not been one year that I have not been on a television show in the last 10 years," Elise explained while noting her heavy hitting roles in "Hustle & Flow," "The Hughleys" and "All of Us."

Not to mention, the actress has had more recent guest starring roles on shows like "The Real Husbands of Hollywood," "Scandal" and "The Soul Man." She's also very active in her singing/dance career and even has a famed dance group, Elise and Assorted Flavors, who performs often.

However she says that fans may have just missed her performances in shows like NBC's "The Cape" or small market movies like "Love Ranch." Or perhaps they just weren't looking for her.

"That doesn't mean I'm not working. That just means you're not watching," she said.

It's for that reason that Elise was eager to join the cast of "Hollywood Divas."

Although there's a bit of a stigma surrounding reality stars, even Elise's co-star Lisa has experienced this within the group, Elise still believes that reality television is a great platform to give fans insight on all an actress like herself really does.

"The whole point of doing the show, when you're not a reality star, is to allow people to catch up with what you've been doing and allow people to understand your real life better," she said.

Now with "Hollywood Divas" under her belt, fans will get a chance to see just how relevant Elise is in the entertainment industry.

hollowshollywood divas, todd tucker, elise neal, season 1
© 2014 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Oct 13, 2014 03:27 PM EDTBy Janice Williams ([email protected]),
Fashion & Style Staff Writer

FOLLOW FNS ON TWITTER

Most Shared
TNT's 'Dallas' Showrunner Cynthia Cidre On Season 4: 'I Do Believe We Have A Chance' | Oct 16, 2014 PM EDT
'Happy New Year' Film Gets A Later Release Date | Oct 13, 2014 PM EDT
5 ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Spoilers From Diana Gabaldon's Novel ‘Dragonfly In Amber’ | Oct 17, 2014 AM EDT

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articl...fends-25-year-long-career-very-proud-work.htm

These woman are all beyond shady. Jesus Christ I have never seen such shady women and this was all in the first episode. Golden really pisses me off. She talks down about all reality stars, yet she is doing a realty show. Uh, Pot meet Kettle.

This show is a H.A.M. Golden Brooks is so shady and a hypocrite! I sat there in amazement as she went on and on about reality stars, yet she is starring in a reality show. I was too disgusted by her behavior.

I hope Lisa gets her kids back; idk what happened there but hopefully she is in a better situation so they can live with her.

Paula Jai Parker's situation is beyond me. I hope that she gets her family into a nice home and that her husband obtains steady employment.

Out of the bunch, Elise Neal should be the most embarrassed. Im just saying, she has/had some real potential. I hope she doesn't think going on a reality show is going to revive her acting career.

Countess looks like that one Auntie that shows up at every cookout, just a hot mess. From the weave, to the ill fitting clothes and sassy attitude. Getting lipo, for what? Only to continue eating nasty food without working out.

Out of the bunch, Elise Neal should be the most embarrassed. Im just saying, she has/had some real potential. I hope she doesn't think going on a reality show is going to revive her acting career.

Countess looks like that one Auntie that shows up at every cookout, just a hot mess. From the weave, to the ill fitting clothes and sassy attitude. Getting lipo, for what? Only to continue eating nasty food without working out.

Thank you!!

Countess was on The Real the other day (they all were) and no shade, there was no difference in her body after the lipo nor any difference in her face. I kept saying while watching her show her and Shar need to have a seat. Neither has worked in years, yet they are spending money on plastic surgery. I also was thinking, "there goes Shar, spending Britney's damn money again".

This show is a H.A.M. Golden Brooks is so shady and a hypocrite! I sat there in amazement as she went on and on about reality stars, yet she is starring in a reality show. I was too disgusted by her behavior.

I hope Lisa gets her kids back; idk what happened there but hopefully she is in a better situation so they can live with her.

Paula Jai Parker's situation is beyond me. I hope that she gets her family into a nice home and that her husband obtains steady employment.

I kept yelling at the TV, every time she said bad things about reality tv people. Is this chick crazy???

I am so curious to know, which one of the "Girlfriends" ladies threw the drink. My money is on Jill Marie aka Toni or Golden herself. Tracee does not seem the type to do it and Persia doesn't seem like the type either.

I wonder what happened to Countess's voice. Maybe she explained and I didn't catch it. And didn't she have an issue with lace wigs and some type of infection? And she's still wearing wigs? :shocked:

And Golden wears ashy foundation. Just thought that needed to be said.

I wonder what happened to Countess's voice. Maybe she explained and I didn't catch it. And didn't she have an issue with lace wigs and some type of infection? And she's still wearing wigs? :shocked:

And Golden wears ashy foundation. Just thought that needed to be said.

Countess was allergic to the glue in her weaves. To my knowledge, no glue is needed for wigs..

I thought it was the lace wigs. The ones you glue to the hair line. I'm surprised ppl still wear the bonded weaves.

Golden is sad. So miserable all she can do is talk about Lisa. Golden, get your life!

I never understood why Paula never got her teeth fixed after all these years. She also has the drug look to me.

Last edited: