Holiday shopping in Fukuoka Japan

cosmogal

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone, happy holidays,
Just want to share my holiday trip to Fukuoka and Hermes shopping there. But before going, I dropped by the flagship Hermes store in Seoul, where I pleasently found many bags (which was a very different experience from HK where shelves tend to be empty). I saw various colors of Garden Parties, Picotins, Double Sac, Canvas bags, Herbags, Evelynes and a Lindy that was being sold. Alas the orange small Herbag that I liked was reserved and subsequently sold.

Hermes @ Mitsukoshi Department Store - Saw a 26cm lime Lindy, various GPs, Picotins, canvas bags, Evelynes and a beige Herbag. No Kelly/Birkin. I really liked the new Victoria which was in Clemence, Rose Jaipur but wasn't sure if the width was too thin to be practical. It was JPY476,000 before tax.

Hermes @ Hakata Hankyu - The most incredible thing happened here. Again there were various bags, similar to what I saw at Mitsukoshi but there were more Lindies. I asked for Victoria bag. SA said there were few colors in the back, and I asked to see a green color. She brought out two bags, and while I was checking out the green Victoria, the SA unwrapped the other bag and gasp!!!! it was a two colored, white and grey KELLY GHILLIES!! I was just in shock that the SA brought out a Kelly without me having to ask for one! It was a beauty but as I would not be able to care for a white bag, and the price tag being JPY1,100,000, I couldn't take her home.

Hermes @ Fukuoka airport duty free - As I entered the immigration, from a far distance, I caught a sight of pink Herbag and I was beyond excited. I preferred blue or orange, but pink Herbag may not be easy to come by, so I brought it home! =)

Overall I think Hermes shopping in Fukuoka was much more pleasent than other countries and SAs are very friendly, although my experience is limited to HK, Korea, Taiwan, Italy and the US. I'll post photos later. Thx for letting me share!

Reactions: KH8 and dragonette
Just want to share my holiday trip to Fukuoka and Hermes shopping there. But before going, I dropped by the flagship Hermes store in Seoul, where I pleasently found many bags (which was a very different experience from HK where shelves tend to be empty). I saw various colors of Garden Parties, Picotins, Double Sac, Canvas bags, Herbags, Evelynes and a Lindy that was being sold. Alas the orange small Herbag that I liked was reserved and subsequently sold.

Hermes @ Mitsukoshi Department Store - Saw a 26cm lime Lindy, various GPs, Picotins, canvas bags, Evelynes and a beige Herbag. No Kelly/Birkin. I really liked the new Victoria which was in Clemence, Rose Jaipur but wasn't sure if the width was too thin to be practical. It was JPY476,000 before tax.

Hermes @ Hakata Hankyu - The most incredible thing happened here. Again there were various bags, similar to what I saw at Mitsukoshi but there were more Lindies. I asked for Victoria bag. SA said there were few colors in the back, and I asked to see a green color. She brought out two bags, and while I was checking out the green Victoria, the SA unwrapped the other bag and gasp!!!! it was a two colored, white and grey KELLY GHILLIES!! I was just in shock that the SA brought out a Kelly without me having to ask for one! It was a beauty but as I would not be able to care for a white bag, and the price tag being JPY1,100,000, I couldn't take her home.

Hermes @ Fukuoka airport duty free - As I entered the immigration, from a far distance, I caught a sight of pink Herbag and I was beyond excited. I preferred blue or orange, but pink Herbag may not be easy to come by, so I brought it home! =)

Overall I think Hermes shopping in Fukuoka was much more pleasent than other countries and SAs are very friendly, although my experience is limited to HK, Korea, Taiwan, Italy and the US. I'll post photos later. Thx for letting me share!

Glad u had a great time n experiences
What a pleasant trip

my mom is in Japan too! she feels like she is in Hermes heaven lol .. she got two Birkins and she is still there and I don't know what else she got, that's all I know, but she said they have lots of stuff in stock that she has not seen at other Hermes boutiques in other parts of the world..

Reactions: dragonette

Pink!!!!
How much did you paid in jpy?
Thanks!:smile:

my mom is in Japan too! she feels like she is in Hermes heaven lol .. she got two Birkins and she is still there and I don't know what else she got, that's all I know, but she said they have lots of stuff in stock that she has not seen at other Hermes boutiques in other parts of the world..
That's very lucky! Did she go early in the morning to shop?

Just came back from Fukoka, went to two stores a total of 5 or 6 times during my six days trip, and I have to say it's impossible. They straight out reject you without even pretending to check the inventory. I don't think they sell to tourists, pretty unfriendly stores. I remember reading somewhere that Fukoka airport had Hermes stores, but there was none.

Just came back from Fukoka, went to two stores a total of 5 or 6 times during my six days trip, and I have to say it's impossible. They straight out reject you without even pretending to check the inventory. I don't think they sell to tourists, pretty unfriendly stores. I remember reading somewhere that Fukoka airport had Hermes stores, but there was none.

Thanks for sharing, sounds disappointing. I am going to Fukuoka next week, will need some luck.