Holiday sales at ILD and Dooney.com

D

Deleted 730019

Wellllllll what are we getting this season?

So far for me 2 saddle bags black and natural...1 small satchel...red..and Bordeaux zip around wallet....missed small satchel and medium satchel Bordeaux...all in florentine...my LOVE is florentine

Reactions: Lunalark
Dec 2: ILD has a 'new' sale, up to 70%off starting today, code MERRY.
and on the main Dooney site, the 12 days of Dooney has begun.
Check both sites for best price if you find something you want to order.

I just ordered the Florentine tulip shopper in Red and the red pebbled cosmetic case.
Both have been on my 'list' and the price today on ILD was the best I've seen in a
while for both of these. Not all things are at their best prices. It's hard to
tell unless you've been stalking an item and paying attention. There have been so
many sales on and off.

Purpleflower: you are doing quite well. Great selections. Enjoy your new bags and wallet.

Reactions: Brendutch
The Tulip shopper's price is a steal!!! It is such a great bag! I just bought the cabriolet duffle bag in black. First time buying this fabric. Great price at I love Dooney ( better than Dooney.com with the Merry code) .

I just bought the pebble zip pod backpack from the main dooney site for 140 after discount, but just noticed that the ilovedooney site has the same exact bag for about 110 after discount.

Would the bag from ilovedooney have something slightly wrong with it??? Also the backpack purse from the main dooney site finally arrived and the stitching was coming undone on the red interior canvas. Haven't even used it. Advice??

Yes you do have to toggle between the two sites before buying. A purchased a city double zip wallet. $109 on both sites...ILD had a discount on it with MERRY code...and then used my Loyalty points...so with tax and shipping $65. Same wallet dooney.com $109 and Loyalty points but NO MERRY discount...I came out ahead due to the MERRY discount.

Reactions: Kittycatlady13
I just bought the pebble zip pod backpack from the main dooney site for 140 after discount, but just noticed that the ilovedooney site has the same exact bag for about 110 after discount.

Would the bag from ilovedooney have something slightly wrong with it??? Also the backpack purse from the main dooney site finally arrived and the stitching was coming undone on the red interior canvas. Haven't even used it. Advice??
If your backpack has a stitching issue, best thing to do is return it. You could send it in for repair, but it's a brand new bag so your shouldn't have to do that. ILD has online return authorization forms/labels and the UPS label is generated. You can try to get a refund on the return cost because of the defect. You may or may not be successful. But you will get a refund on the new unused bag. If Dooney main site doesn't have an online return process, just follow their instructions from the invoice or site.

As for ILD vs Dooney site.... in my experience, the quality is the same. ILD tends to have older styles and colors. And sometimes ILD has styles that major department stores had ordered and ILD has the extras. People have reported just as many or few issues with handbags from both sites. The biggest issue I hear is returns.... someone getting a bag they think someone else opened and returned. Sometimes that may be true. Sometimes it's just a quality control inspection and repackaging.

In reality, these handbags are mass produced and the stock at Dooney and ILD is not individually
examined piece by piece by quality control. And what passes for acceptable quality is often in the
eye of the beholder. Some of us are more picky than others. And depending upon how big the discount
is, the more we need to be a little flexible, I think. My rule of thumb: If I were in the store and saw
the bag at that price is that condition, would I think it was worth buying? If not, I'll send it back.
If yes, then I can overlook something minor and cosmetic. I'll never accept a bag with zipper issues or
handle issues or external stitching issues.... these are functional problems, not cosmetic.

Reactions: Kittycatlady13
Yes you do have to toggle between the two sites before buying. A purchased a city double zip wallet. $109 on both sites...ILD had a discount on it with MERRY code...and then used my Loyalty points...so with tax and shipping $65. Same wallet dooney.com $109 and Loyalty points but NO MERRY discount...I came out ahead due to the MERRY discount.

Thanks for your help!

I ordered the pebble zip zip in Aqua on Friday. I should have and may still order the matching wallet, another umbrella and a new key fob.
Aqua is a beautiful color. Enjoy your new zip zip.... it's one of my favorite Dooney styles.
Remember when ordering the wallet that free shipping has a minimum purchase amount.
I've gotten caught up in the excitement and forgotten that when I ordered 1 extra item.

Reactions: southernbelle82
Purpleflower: we were 'chatting' about sales and prices a few posts ago.... I just read an article in the newspaper (NY Times) that said overall Black Friday sales revenue was down about 20% this year over last
year. Online sales were up a lot, but in-store sales down even more. And companies have stretched
the concept of 'Black Friday' and it now starts in October. That started last year, but with the pandemic,
frequent and early sales to entice buyers to spend have been earlier and more frequent. Companies are trying to capture consumer spending as soon as they can because of lower expected consumer dollars
available and supply and distribution issues.

2020 has been a difficult year for companies and for many
families. We are lucky to have a few dollars to spend on handbag treasures.
While I don't need more handbags, at least I know that my purchases are
helping keep businesses going... manufacturers and shippers; it keeps people
working; and it funds my states sales taxes. I know it's not the same as giving
to a charity (I do that too). That's my story and I'm sticking too it! :smile::smile:

Agreed . I give to charity and I am also keeping my economy going! Thanks for sharing lavenderjunkie! Starting to see some things disappearing on dooney.com already! Had the red florentine kiss lock wallet in my cart...went to check out and it was sold out....

Reactions: southernbelle82