Holiday Sale Glutton (pics)

swolfcg

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
I think I went a little overboard this Thanksgiving. In trying to find the perfect black bag, I ended up with two. Of course I had instant buyers remorse right after hitting enter, and even further remorse when I opened my holiday booty.

First up is the Alex Zipper Medium Tote, which I probably shouldn't have thought of buying in the first place, since I already have two LP Medium totes. They are very similar, with exception of the braided handle, the tassel/string thingies, & the smaller top. In any case, I'm starting to appreciate it; especially after I got nice complement from a lady in a elevator.

For Reference, I'm 5'7

Next up is the full size Treesje Exposed Stud. I'm more of a Tote girl, not hobo, so I already should have thought twice, but I couldn't resist after seeing a tpf'r modeling pic. It's much wider in person, and didn't do the nice slouching thing it did for the previous model I saw. But after I moved things around, it slouched it better and molded to my body better. I would say that this is hobo sits better on my shoulder than the HH Havanas do. Still on the fence w/ this one, but I have to admit I don't have anything else like it in my closet.

I purchased the LP from MOB, during their 45% off Thanksgiving sale. Always great ordering from them, b/c my stuff usually comes about 2 days after I purchase. The Treesje came from Aster Alice, and purchased for about 60% off. They took a bit more time to ship, but was pristine when I received it.

Last edited:

kristinmcd

Sleep With Your Bag?
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
We're Alex twins!! I have gotten a lot of compliments on it too. The Treesje is gorgeous as well. I have not seen that yet. Beautiful!!

cathead87

O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
I like the Alex...but I love the Treesje! :love: You made a couple of really great purchases and at great prices.

riry

*content*
Sep 2, 2010
Wolfy- awww I totally understand about buyer's remorse. BUT... these are two gorgeous bags. They're both black, but totally different in style and shape.

And I'm with Kristin- multiple LP medium totes are a must. I have 2 (azure and olive) and plan on getting one or two new ones every season from now on in different colors. They're the LP signature... kinda like Balenciaga city??

Congrats!!

swolfcg

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
Wolfy- awww I totally understand about buyer's remorse. BUT... these are two gorgeous bags. They're both black, but totally different in style and shape.

And I'm with Kristin- multiple LP medium totes are a must. I have 2 (azure and olive) and plan on getting one or two new ones every season from now on in different colors. They're the LP signature... kinda like Balenciaga city??

Congrats!!
I feel the same way, but I'm starting to tire of the same style bag. I know they change a little of the here and there, but it's essentially the same bag. I just wished their other totes had a longer shoulder drop or that they put out more tote styles.

I'll keep both for now. But I know I'll get more use from the LP, since I don't go out that often.

riry

*content*
Sep 2, 2010
^^^ hahaha, I'm right there with you!! The most action my bags get are trips to the market :rochard:

Carmelita

Jul 16, 2009
Seattle, WA
I thought I was the only one that got buyer's remorse even when I get great prices....

The Alex zip tote has a very different look than the Dylan totes, so while they have a similar functionality, the look is totally different. Certainly different enough to justify the purchase :smile: And that Treesje is gorgeous. I love the subtle studs. Looks to me like you made great purchases at fabulous prices! Enjoy them!

riry

*content*
Sep 2, 2010
^^^ Oh my gosh... seriously. Even when I LOOOVE the bag and it was a great price. Excitement and remorse seem to go hand-in-hand with these bags...

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
^^^ Oh my gosh... seriously. Even when I LOOOVE the bag and it was a great price. Excitement and remorse seem to go hand-in-hand with these bags...
I love this bag! Damn, I spent too much money! But I LOVE this bag, I don't care! But I also love this other bag over here... :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Sometimes I wonder if the fun isn't really in the 'having' but the GETTING! :biggrin:

Linda