Holiday reveal! Goldie finally arrived!

lilmonkey

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
My B35 gold on gold clemence arrived yesterday! It is beautiful! I'm not going to lie, I am OCD to a fault about the store fresh velvet hand feel of clemence and this 2016 Birkin is in excellent condition-- no scuffs, pristine handles, stickers on hardware-- but understandably feels drier than my barely used 2018 B35 clemence. I took it to Hermes today and the SA and craftsman said that it is just the nature of the leather and can be conditioned at the spa. The SA was nice and took down my information and wish list so I told her to call me if she came across a new B35 gold on gold. :biggrin:

I was on the fence about whether to keep the 2016 bag or wait for a new one at the store, which the SA said could take 2 to 3 years. :rolleyes: After hours of deliberation and coin flipping, I reluctantly boxed up the 2016 bag and sadly told my husband he ought to bring it to FedEx and ship it back to the reseller before FedEx closed. :-s He quickly took the box and I thought he was kidding but when I peered out the window, he was loading the big box in the car. I gave a sad wave as he drove away with the bag in my dream specs that I have been hunting for years... and then proceeded to text him the following crazy wife texts:

[DH naaaaaaame]

did you return it

dont return itttt

that's me calling

what is happening

bring that bag back

where are you

:sad:

come back

don't play games

thats me calling

this is not funny

what did you do

STOP

BRING BACK DA BAG

An hour later, he comes home with take out dinner. No big box. "I can't believe you returned the bag!" I cried.

He said, "You told me to!"

Then he turned around and picked up something behind a corner... there it was again, the big box! He didn't return it!

He said, "Of course I didn't return it! You just needed to know how good you have it!"

I unwrapped the bag with a big smile as if I didn't just box it up an hour ago. We agreed that I should enjoy the bag and if the boutique eventually offers me one, great! We'll cross that bridge and decide then whether I still want to trade it in for a brand new one.

So here she is, FINALLY, my slouchy holy grail every day bag/diaper bag/snack sneaking movie theater bag/travel bag/book bag/gym bag jk I don't go to the gym/workhorse gold on gold clemence B35. Getting a Birkin drives me crazy. Every. Single. Time.

IMG_9134.jpeg

Last edited:
My B35 gold on gold clemence arrived yesterday! It is beautiful! I'm not going to lie, I am OCD to a fault about the store fresh velvet hand feel of clemence and this 2016 Birkin is in excellent condition-- no scuffs, pristine handles, stickers on hardware-- but understandably feels drier than my barely used 2018 B35 clemence. I took it to Hermes today and the SA and craftsman said that it is just the nature of the leather and can be conditioned at the spa. The SA was nice and took down my information and wish list so I told her to call me if she came across a new B35 gold on gold. :biggrin:

I was on the fence about whether to keep the 2016 bag or wait for a new one at the store, which the SA said could take 2 to 3 years. :rolleyes: After hours of deliberation and coin flipping, I reluctantly boxed up the 2016 bag and sadly told my husband he ought to bring it to FedEx and ship it back to the reseller before FedEx closed. :-s He quickly took the box and I thought he was kidding but when I peered out the window, he was loading the big box in the car. I gave a sad wave as he drove away with the bag in my dream specs that I have been hunting for years... and then proceeded to text him the following crazy wife texts:

[DH naaaaaaame]

did you return it

dont return itttt

that's me calling

what is happening

bring that bag back

where are you

:sad:

come back

don't play games

thats me calling

this is not funny

what did you do

STOP

BRING BACK DA BAG

An hour later, he comes home with take out dinner. No big box. "I can't believe you returned the bag!" I cried.

He said, "You told me to!"

Then he turned around and picked up something behind a corner... there it was again, the big box! He didn't return it!

He said, "Of course I didn't return it! You just needed to know how good you have it!"

I unwrapped the bag with a big smile as if I didn't just box it up an hour ago. We agreed that I should enjoy the bag and if the boutique eventually offers me one, great! We'll cross that bridge and decide then whether I still want to trade it in for a brand new one.

So here she is, FINALLY, my slouchy holy grail every day bag/diaper bag/snack sneaking movie theater bag/travel bag/book bag/gym bag jk I don't go to the gym/workhorse gold on gold clemence B35. Getting a Birkin drives me crazy. Every. Single. Time.

View attachment 4279061
Congrats, lilmonkey!
I think once you start enjoying her & she becomes yours, you’ll forget about the leather. And if not, when you get your new one, at least you got to enjoy this one in the meanwhile. Like some would say here, she’s your pacifier :smile:

Reactions: lilmonkey
Congrats, lilmonkey!
I think once you start enjoying her & she becomes yours, you’ll forget about the leather. And if not, when you get your new one, at least you got to enjoy this one in the meanwhile. Like some would say here, she’s your pacifier :smile:
LOL thanks, @blondissima777. My road to gold has definitely been a journey. But this one is final sale and I definitely intend to use her as a workhorse although I will probably be obsessed with keeping her moisturized.

I did feel up a gold clemence Evelyne today at H and OMG the leather was divine. So soft and buttery. just incredible. :drool:

Reactions: Mali_ and NOIRetMoi
LOL thanks, @blondissima777. My road to gold has definitely been a journey. But this one is final sale and I definitely intend to use her as a workhorse although I will probably be obsessed with keeping her moisturized.

I did feel up a gold clemence Evelyne today at H and OMG the leather was divine. So soft and buttery. just incredible. :drool:
Enjoy her for a while then send her to the spa. I’m sure after a nice facial, she’ll come back like butter :biggrin:

Reactions: lilmonkey

Congrats! Just to clarify, it’s final sale but almost shipped it back?

Reactions: lulilu
Congrats! Just to clarify, it’s final sale but almost shipped it back?
Thank you! Yes, it was initially a final sale but the seller was willing to take it back when I expressed that I thought the leather was drier than my store fresh clemence Birkin. In all fairness, we are comparing a pre-owned 2016 vs brand new 2018 so it's apples to oranges. Nevertheless, she offered a $500 discount, not because she thought the bag was worth discounting but because that is her cost for return shipping + shipping it to another buyer + insurance. So I am accepting the discount and keeping the bag. I only have positive things to say about the reseller. She was responsive and was the only one who was able to source the bag.

Last edited: