holiday gifts <$50 <$100 ?

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
Any suggestions for holiday gifts that aren't expensive but definitely have the sort of cool factor or are coveted? Under $50? Under $100?

I'm looking to buy presents (not cash) for certain service industry people that I see all the time, ie this one woman who works in the dining hall or a particular shuttle bus driver who is sweet to me. Also gifts for SAs. Maybe my professor.

I don't want to give anything "too personal" because I don't know them that well. Something that's still professional yet interesting.

I thought about different brands of chocolate: Vosges, Fauchon, la maison du chocolat.... But is there something other than chocolate?

Thank you! :flowers:

(Not quite sure why my grammar is horrible in this post, I apologize.)

Ooh-I have similiar questions. more so, what to get for the 4 counselors at my son's after school program. I would rather not give them money. 2 women, 2 men. Thanks!

I will be giving Bliss pedicure gift sets (on Sephora for $38) to my stylist, condo manager, personal shopper, etc. I bought 10 of them when ****** did their double discount on Sephora and I think it's a gift that most women would like....

I just hope they like them;)

Personalized stationary or notepads...LOVE Finestationary.com (I got this for my kick boxing instructor and other friends that are new friends. People LOVE it!

If you're tapped for ideas, a good scotch or port is sure to be appreciated. When I go on vacation, I always bring a few bottles of Canadian ice wine to give out.

It's more personal, but a good shaving kit might be appreciated:

me-hdstand1-large_p2.jpg

Sonya, would this be suitable for a professor?

Audraloyal
Etsy :: Fissiped Mug

JoyOUZ's booklaces are unique:
Etsy :: Etsy Booklace Book Necklace

URL=http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joyouzetsybooklacebooknwn1.jpg]
joyouzetsybooklacebooknwn1.th.jpg
[/URL]

She also does personalised calligraphy bookmarks:
Etsy :: Personalized Calligraphy Bookmark2 - Original Art - One of a Kind

URL=http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joyouzpersonalisedcalliqx9.jpg]
joyouzpersonalisedcalliqx9.th.jpg
[/URL]

It's so difficult to buy jewelry as gifts but IMHO these pendants are cool:

photoglassworks:
Etsy :: Glass Tree of Life Necklace

Etsy :: Stained Glass Winter Gold Finch by KShanks

How about this for one of the SAs?
1donnamarie makes gorgeous stuff:
Etsy :: Slice of Cake Pin Cusion made from Authentic Vintage Chenille Bedspread Fabric trinket box

This soap is cute:

kisukisu
Etsy :: Reusable Deluxe Bento Box Sushi and Mini Onigiri Soap-Assorted Fragrances-Energy, Dragons Blood, Yuzu, and Green Tea

Passerby: That booklace is a fabulous idea. I have to get something for one of my professors that wrote my letters of recommendation, and that is perfect! I'm not the OP, but that is a fantastic idea. Thank you!