Home & Garden Holiday Decor!

Hi!

I did start on the Christmas cards today as it's quite a bit of work this year. I need to cut the inlays myself that I then print and write on. (Paper I choose wasn't readily available as card inlay...)

With everything else (decorating, lighting ....) I strictly wait until after Thanksgiving - so I guess I spend Friday and Saturday after decorating - to have everything ready by Sunday 1st Advent. :smile:

Pictures from past Christmas:

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0744-2.jpg

Kind regards,
Oliver

Traditionally, we wait to decorate until the day after Thanksgiving... black Friday here in the US, when everyone else is going crazy shopping. LOL. We make it a quiet day at home with holiday music/movies, hot chocolate & putting up the decorations.

Hi!

I did start on the Christmas cards today as it's quite a bit of work this year. I need to cut the inlays myself that I then print and write on. (Paper I choose wasn't readily available as card inlay...)

With everything else (decorating, lighting ....) I strictly wait until after Thanksgiving - so I guess I spend Friday and Saturday after decorating - to have everything ready by Sunday 1st Advent. :smile:

View attachment 3521950

View attachment 3521951

View attachment 3521952

Kind regards,
Oliver

Beautiful!

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
Hi!

View attachment 3521950

View attachment 3521951

View attachment 3521952

Kind regards,
Oliver

Beautiful!

Traditionally, we wait to decorate until the day after Thanksgiving... black Friday here in the US, when everyone else is going crazy shopping. LOL. We make it a quiet day at home with holiday music/movies, hot chocolate & putting up the decorations.

Beautiful!

That sounds like a great day! We try to wait until December, but I think I'll do ours the last week in November this year.

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
I just set up our tree and just want to cry. I usually have a real tree but a few weeks my twin boys and I walked into a store and they fell in love with this artificial fake snow covered tree and expressed how beautiful it would be in our living room. They both have Autism and limited pragmatic and expressive language so it's really a big deal for them to discuss these types of things. I was so floored that I couldn't resist them and bought the tree. And now I have this white, flaking monstrosity in my living room that probably gave me white lungs when setting it up. But they love it. Sigh. I'm hoping it'll look a bit more acceptable once it's decorated!

I just set up our tree and just want to cry. I usually have a real tree but a few weeks my twin boys and I walked into a store and they fell in love with this artificial fake snow covered tree and expressed how beautiful it would be in our living room. They both have Autism and limited pragmatic and expressive language so it's really a big deal for them to discuss these types of things. I was so floored that I couldn't resist them and bought the tree. And now I have this white, flaking monstrosity in my living room that probably gave me white lungs when setting it up. But they love it. Sigh. I'm hoping it'll look a bit more acceptable once it's decorated!

I bet it is beautiful...that is so great that you did that for your kids! I would love to see a pic when it is decorated!

I almost finished decorating my Christmas tree. It's festive season and everyone will be busy decorating their home. In this occasion there are a lot of chances for fire due to decorations in Christmas tree. I happened to read an article regarding fire safety on Christmas decors ( http://www.theshockdoctors.ca/blog/general/is-fire-safety-on-your-last-minute-christmas-list/ ). I share this because my neighbors Christmas tree caught fire due to some overloaded electrical circuits. They put off the fire soon so no one was hurt. Be careful and have a happy and joyful Christmas.