Food Holiday Cookies

Frosted sugar cookies are my favorite holiday cookie :love:

I just made low-fat snickerdoodles today, for the heck of it. They came out great! Here's the recipe. You can decorate them with holiday frosting or sprinkles and make an easy, tasty holiday cookie.

1 package (1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup light butter, melted
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 egg (I used two egg whites instead, I buy the liquid Egg Beaters egg whites)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, butter, flour and egg (or egg whites) until a soft dough forms.

Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and set aside. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dredge dough balls in sugar and cinnamon mix, and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool one minute. Transfer to cooling rack. Decorate if desired. Makes about 3 dozen cookies. Yum!

Yum, pato- I love lemon. What's your recipe? Please pm it to me if you can.

Every thanksgiving I make chocolate sambuca walnut cookies. I serve them warm from the oven, sometimes crumbled over homemade vanilla ice cream for a grown up "brownie sundae." TDF!

not quite a cookie, pizzelles. but i made them last nite and all 100 or so of them are GONE!

3 eggs
3/4c sugar
3/4c melted butter
1 1/2c sifted flour
1t baking soda
1t anise extract
2t vanilla extract
3T milk
2T orange juice
1/4c sambuca (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)

Mix ingredients in that order to lump free batter. Cook on pizzelle iron for about 2 minutes each for crispy light deliciousness

My mom makes something like that. They're just called "snowballs". I found this recipe online & I think it's just like hers. Not sure if it's what you were talking about though...

SNOWBALL COOKIES
1 c. butter
1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sifted flour
1 c. chopped nuts (pecans)
Additional confectioners' sugar (for rolling)

Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, mix. Use a teaspoonful of dough and roll into small ball. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly and roll in confectioners' sugar.

I just made 4 dozen of these tonight and they came out amazing:nuts: I tweeked it up a bit, but I love the recipe. It reminds me of my grandmothers cookies.:love:

Thank you so much!