Holey Donuts ~ 25% Off All Treats

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. www.holeydonuts.net

We hear the cop from the Village People is on patrol.
    He got word that Holey Donuts is giving 25% off all its treats, including a special V-Day version. Order quick — if he gets there before you do, it’s not gonna be pretty. (Plus, you want them in time for the 14th, don’t you?)

Enter code DC25 at checkout.

(I haven't been able to access the site, but hopeful this will soon be corrected)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. yeah, but shipping is $13! :crybaby:

3. You gotta be kidding!!!!!! I couldn't get on their website when I posted the offer, so I didn't know that! Not good!:tdown:

4. Holy expensive Batman!:wtf:

5. I found this explanation on the website:
    Q. Why does it cost so much to ship your donuts?
    A. Our donuts must be shipped frozen due to a lack of hydrogenated vegetable shortening, which is the harmful ingredient in other donuts that keeps them "fresh" for days or months. We prepare your donuts fresh and by hand, then freeze them to lock in the freshness.
    Your donuts are carefully hand packed in a special cooler box with dry ice and shipped via FedEx all over the country. All of this care and special packaging creates a heavy package that is costly to ship via express services. Sometimes we even lose money on shipping just so everyone has a chance to enjoy our donuts

6. Makes a lot of sense!!!!:yes:

7. Has anybody tried them? Tempted to order the cinnamon buns.

8. I would love to order them, they sound great! But, if you live in some of the selected states, California included, you must ship via FEDEX 2 Day.

SHIPPING IS $46, ARE YOU NUTS?!?! No way, not for some donuts.

9. :faint::faint::faint: NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. No, although I know that a while back, I saw a blog article on the doughnuts with a positive review and all of the comments from people who had tried them were also positive.

11. The charges are probably justified in terms of actual cost, although it's a major con for such a small purchase. A package with dry ice is considered a dangerous shipment. There's a limit to the number of packages a plane can safely carry (Think about it- Enclosed plane with carbon dioxide being continuously released from dry ice pellets. It's dangerous to the folks in the plane if the carbon dioxide levels in the air get too high). FedEx charges a lot extra for this, I know, because I've shipped lots of laboratory reagents out on dry ice during my career). I don't mind paying extra for dry ice shipping of larger purchases but if the shipping charges cost more than what I'm buying, it's a no-go for me unless I want something badly enough. I'll just be a good girl and eat a regular doughnut once in a while as a special treat.

12. I really would like to try these too, but the shipping charge is too much... my aunt owns a donut shop, so I guess I'll just have to eat her donuts!