Holey clean pores? lol

orinoco

Old school tPFer
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
Hi all~~!:biggrin:

I know the title sounds a bit weird, but i couldn't think of a better way to describe them. lol:P

everytime i use those Biore pore strips for blackheads (about every other week), they leave tiny but visible holes on my nose area, and i noticed it stays that way for a couple of days, and they're especially obvious when i have foundation on... anyone else have this?:shrugs: anyone know why this occurs?

Hi all~~!:biggrin:

I know the title sounds a bit weird, but i couldn't think of a better way to describe them. lol:P

everytime i use those Biore pore strips for blackheads (about every other week), they leave tiny but visible holes on my nose area, and i noticed it stays that way for a couple of days, and they're especially obvious when i have foundation on... anyone else have this?:shrugs: anyone know why this occurs?

When your pores are clogged with debris it can disguise them- sort of like filling a nail hole in your wall with spackle (lovely image, right?:P). So you are seeing your empty pore and the larger they are, the more visible. It's good to keep them cleaned because they can stretch if left clogged. There really isn't much you can do to shrink your pores. A chemical peel series would make them less noticeable if they're really bugging you. I'm sure they are way more obvious to you than anyone else though.;)

Neastar gave an accurate description of what is happening.

You can apply Monistat Antichafing Gel Powder under your foundation. It acts like a primer. (See another very long thread on this product here in Beauty Bar).

The primer will fill in the holes.

Only wear makeup when you must until the pores close.

I suggest using Biore right after work on a non-weekend night. Then don't wear any makeup until the next morning when you get ready for work. That gives your pores max time to shrink.

i always use to have those holes as well when i used the pore strips. i don't know if there anything you can do since i think pores don't really change...but try researching online :smile:

:biggrin: it made me think... geee, great, my pores are clean now whoopdedoo, now EVERYONE can see how 'clean' they are!

Thanks Nseastar! would peels work better or just a facial where they squeeze the heck out of u? :P

ProfNot, funny you say that, lately i've been thinking of trying out the smashbox primer, but would they just clog up the pores and make them worse in the long term? :thinking:

^Primer does fill in your pores, but it would wash off just like foundation or any other makeup would. It'll make it so the foundation has an even surface to go over, therefore your pores may be less noticeable.

i was warned by a derm about using biore strips for just this reason. they said it is like basically hairspray on a strip and just rips up leaving your pores larger each time. a gentle exfoliant is the way to go. i was told the strips over years time will ruin your nose.

i was warned by a derm about using biore strips for just this reason. they said it is like basically hairspray on a strip and just rips up leaving your pores larger each time. a gentle exfoliant is the way to go. i was told the strips over years time will ruin your nose.
That makes sense..I will have to rethink using the strips now!