Holes in the scarf , any hope?

mezmari

O.G.
Jun 20, 2006
Hello ,
I have a nice Hermes scarf, but it has holes all over. Any hope for it? Any suggestions? Is it fixable is is the scarf done for? Thanks

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6012.JPG

IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_6004.JPG

ichimatsu

Sep 12, 2015
it is fixable (by a professional). Bring it to an Hermes store, I'm sure they can recommend someone.

Meta

Metamorphosis
O.G.
Jan 20, 2007
Treasure Tower
Wanted to share my experience regarding H scarf repairs. I had some scarves sent out through my H boutique to a re-weaver based in the Midwest.

Here is their website: http://theweavingshop.com/

Price was approximately $100-120 (can't recall the exact figure) to repair a minor snag on a single CSGM. The snag looked like a line, maybe about 5 inches long, with a tiny loop of thread. The whole process took about 3 months (sending and receiving back). I was very happy with the results.

If anyone is curious for more details, feel free to DM me and I will be happy to share what I can!
Perhaps you could try contacting either your local H or use the info shared by @saranga to help mend the cashmere/silk shawl you have. Good luck!

pony

O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Germany
I have holes in my cashmere/silk scarf (moths... hate them) I went to my local boutique and they even sent it in somewhere (Forgot to ask where to). It came back and they said they couldn‘t fix it. Still, I would definitly ask, might be differ from boutique to boutique

Apr 4, 2010
East Coast
Somewhere on this forum these two suggestions were posted. I was unable to reach the first but had an excellent experience with 'withoutatrace', repairing nasty pulls in a favorite shawl. (I tried my hand at repairing another shawl, following the excellent advice offered here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cashmere-scarf-pull-and-repair.1023722/#post-33582612. I managed to turn it into the 'emergency shawl for the car' in short order and now leave these things to the professionals!)

mezmari

O.G.
Jun 20, 2006
Thank you so much for all the replies! Does anyone know what material this is? thanks

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Oct 14, 2013
In a Pile of Scarves
Thank you so much for all the replies! Does anyone know what material this is? thanks
It's cashmere silk. I'd contact the place listed. It may be too extensive to fix, but it can't hurt to ask. They would have to remove threads from the edge and re-weave them in to the holes so that may mean re rolling the hems and it may end up a little smaller.

Reactions: Meta