Holding funds, including shipping!

jessb646

Feb 6, 2011
I sold over 15 luxury items at once on eBay, It was my first time selling and I only had 4 positive feedback. I offered international shipping and all but one were sold to people outside the U.S.! I'm expecting the shipping costs to be over $500. Is there anyway I could have some of these fund released to help pay for shipping?!

TIA and happy holidays!!

pookybear

Dec 10, 2011
los angeles, ca
Gah, I had my funds withheld today too. I guess it's because I didn't ship out all the items I sold from Dec 24-25 due to USPS being closed until Tuesday. Is this worth contacting PayPal over? It doesn't seem really fair to me :tdown:

PickyCoachLover

MoreRoseGoldPlease
O.G.
Jun 9, 2010
They are supposed to give you a little bit to help with shipping...unless you specified free shipping in the auction. If you did, no luck there.

jessb646

Feb 6, 2011
Eek seems like a mess! I called Ebay and since I'm so new they weren't very helpful. I'll just have to
Wait it out!

Brianpore

Dec 11, 2011
Been selling for over 10 years on ebay. Get your paypal verified asap. I know there area few ways to do it. Your shipping is going to be over $500?? Not even going to ask what your selling, but taking a HUGE risk.... Anything over a grand I won't even ship out of the country.

jessb646

Feb 6, 2011
Been selling for over 10 years on ebay. Get your paypal verified asap. I know there area few ways to do it. Your shipping is going to be over $500?? Not even going to ask what your selling, but taking a HUGE risk.... Anything over a grand I won't even ship out of the country.
Sorry I should have been more clear. The shipping costs for shipping/insurance/signiture confirmation ended up being nearly $500 - for about 14 packages.

deekai

Jan 30, 2008
You can't wait for the payments to be released as they will be held until delivery is verified.

ihsu

O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
I've been on eBay since 1998 and recently got a bad shipping time DSR that messed up my record. My funds were put on hold. Once I created a shipping label, the fund for shipping would be available in my PP account. I'm slowly getting my rating back up so I just got my funds unheld during the last review. Phew.

Also, make sure you ship in a trackable method. Small flat rate envelope and box for USPS Priority International is not tracked! I would ship as soon as possible to get your funds.

HTH.

wis3ly

O.G.
Aug 17, 2008
For the international package, get USPS Global Express Mail that comes with Tracking #, $100 insurance (you can purchase more) and I believe signature confirmation as well?