Hold out for aqua or leap on OBR's returned Denim?

pheebs

Apr 3, 2008
Title says it all, which shall I do? I have vouchers so would only have to add a little for returned Denim...or do I sit and hope for an aqua at outlet?

I'm a woman in a quandry and a woman who has wanted an aqua Mabel since last April!!

The Denim Mabel is gorgeous, but if you really want the Aqua then you might still be a little disappointed if you get the Denim and still end up wanting to get the Aqua anyway? That's what I'm like with bags. If I get fixated on one, no matter what else I buy instead I always end up buying the one I really wanted as well - which used to cost me a fortune until I realised I did this, so I started just buying the bag I really wanted in the first place!

oooh pheebs I would hold firm and tell yourself you will find an aqua Mabel.

In my experience, if I buy a bag that is not the one I am truly yearning for, I find it takes very few days before the yearning for the bag I REALLY wanted returns.

Hmmm you may have a point bam....I do get a smidge fixated myself!

Flossie, they are quite similar, have you seen the denim in OBRs thread? Pics are on page 1, she has the silver toned hardware that I love similar to aqua but is less teal and more true blue IYKWIM?

Pheebs could you post pictures of both in this thread so we could see.

The very thought went through my mind that they looked so similar - is it really that much of a difference?

I actually think OBR's denim is gorgeous, and looks aqua to me - not sure how Mulberry consider that colour denim really.

Here's my aqua one.
Pheebs, the colours are very different. The denim is much paler than the aqua which is a real zingy teal shade. I love the denim but if your heart is set on the aqua I'm not sure you'd love the denim as much.
Aqua is hard to find but the denim has popped up so there's no reason why an aqua one won't. I'd hold out I think.

Attachments

• aqua.JPG
    aqua.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 54
  • aqua 1.JPG
    aqua 1.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 47

So we can do a compare/contrast between the two colours, sj's aqua and the denim which OBR is returning. I'm still undecided....I wouldn't need another blueish bag if I bought Denim, so it means trustung in bag karma, fate, mabel kismet to send an aqua in my direction.

I'm finding it hard to tell the difference :shrugs: Of course there will be a difference, but it's just hard to see it from the photos.

They are such lovely colours anyway.

Pheeps what did Mulberry CS say about chances of seeing an aqua pop up?

If there's a chance aqua might pop up, perhaps its better off waiting for the bag you love? But I'd hate say that then find out aqua won't appear :sad:

small_Picture6.jpg
............another pic of aqua (i think) its lovely but looks very diff from denim.

Here's my aqua one.
Pheebs, the colours are very different. The denim is much paler than the aqua which is a real zingy teal shade. I love the denim but if your heart is set on the aqua I'm not sure you'd love the denim as much.
Aqua is hard to find but the denim has popped up so there's no reason why an aqua one won't. I'd hold out I think.

I would hold out for what the heart yearns for.

When I emailed Mulberry CS they said they didn't have any aqua, but I don't think they check outlet stock? They suggested hairy indigo or Ocean Blue both of which were in the main sale at the time of my enquiry.

If I knew an aqua bag was being returned to SM I would have phoned them at 09:00 and promised them chocolates and flowers if only they'd reserve it for me...it's 10:00 and I haven't phoned them which may indicate that I'm not as crazy about the Denim?!

No, what it actually indicates is that I have the willpower of a lemming and I know if I phone SM I will buy denim! £416 is my bag budget for this year, that's it nada no more, and it would be beyond gutting if Denim wasn't quite beautiful enough and I settled and bought it and then aqua arrives and |I haven't the means to afford both.

WHY IS HANDBAG CHOOSING SO DIFFICULT???!!

* sorry I may get a bit melodramatic, I know it's only a bag and I know I'm very lucky to have a £416 budget at all*