Hold Me Extended Handles???

Dmarie2020

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Has anyone ordered a Hold Me with extended handles? I have searched every thread and have only seen suggestions for extended the handles. If anyone has ordered, I would love to hear your thoughts and comments and ideally pictures. Thanks so much!

DMaire - there is another thread on this topic but I've copies one of the ladies answers here:

"I'm 5'7 and there is no way that I"d consider my Hold Me as a shoulder bag. It's way too snug and the bag protrudes A LOT. Even if the strap was longer I still wouldn't feel this style was designed for a shoulder style.

That said, I do LOVE it as a tote. It's a very easy bag to grab and go. I love it actually and I own 2. I'd even consider buying a 3'rd.

I will warn you though. In the past there have been two styles where I had Jackie lengthen the drop for me and the results were absolutely a nightmare. The staps became "floppy" and whenever I'd sit the bag down it wasn't pretty.

I"m not trying to discourage you from trying something new. I just hope your careful. I'd ask Jackie for her opinion. I"ve learned not to second guess her with her original design details when I want a certain style"

VanBod1525, thanks so much! I've searched and was looking for something like this to see what has happened if anyone ordered and what the results were. I really appreciate your reply!

It's always a good idea to email Jackie and as her what she thinks, for some designs changes work and for others they don't. I like the handles on my Hold Me and sometimes think about getting one with longer handles as it would be easier to carry over my shoulder, but the bag really does smoosh once the leather breaks in (I've got Tan Matte and Black Pebbled Luxe) and IMO the handles in a longer length would be really floppy - but you might like that!

Happy to help!

I think Camommyof3 (I think that is the user name) had those done on her Hug Me. I remember the thread b/c I considered the bag for the future w/ the longer handles b/c I don't do hand held bags.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've been in contact with Jackie this morning and here is what she suggests:

"The Hm is not really a shoulder bag, lengthened straps or otherwise.

But if we make it with à soft bottom and longer handles it could probably work."

Has anyone tried this? My inspiration is an old crocheted bag that I used to love and carried on many a trip. It was slouchy and would hold books, water bottles, cameras, etc. for a days exercusion. I pulled it out and was thinking that the HM could resemble that old bag.

The Hold Me has a wide bottom and so as a shoulder bag it would be a little awkward. It's like an "armpit" bag...it's quite snug.

For the use that you mention (the crocheted bag) I would rather choose a Love Me for that purpose. It has a lot of room and is big enough to fit magazines without it protruding out the top (as it does with the Midi size). I use mine currently as a work/study bag and it fits a ton.

Maybe a WTM would be also good, but unfortunately I only own a Midi so I can't really comment on the space.

I love ostrich! The Lady Bird is beautiful! I think I will adopt the new name (the Lady bag by Bird.)

Have you seen Lionlaw's Ostrich Hold Me Maxi yet? It is georgeous. I thought I would prototype a regular Hold Me, since I do not own one yet, and see what I think before making an investment in Ostrich.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!