Hobo & shoulder bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

This probably is a silly question, but I'm really confused. :confused1:

How do you classified a bag to be Hobo or Shoulder bag? which is which? Do they share some common characteristics? Sometimes, I found one bag in both categories when I shop online.

TIA :smile:

2. I consider a shoulder bag to be a bag that fits on the shoulder. There are many different shapes to a shoulder bag. It can be either slouchy or structured. It typically will include some hobo, satchels with long straps, and totes with ong straps. Here's some examples:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A hobo is a special shape that sort of looks like a cresent moon. It is sometimes associated with being bohemian. They are usually slouchy but there are some that are structured. Here's some examples:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a link to the Neiman Marcus handbag section. They list the bags by bag type so you'll be able to see pictures of hobos and shoulder bags to get a better idea:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/catC8.jhtml?itemId=cat13030735&parentId=cat000141&masterId=cat000000&cmCat=

3. ahh .. I see.
    So the key for hobo is cresent moon and sometimes bohemian style.

Thanks ZoeyZoo :flowers:

4. A hobo IS a shoulder bag. But, a hobo is a shoulder bag WITH A CERTAIN SHAPE.
    The buyers and websites often put hobos into the shoulder bag category -- because...well...they get confused too!