hmmmm a bit confused

Mar 2, 2008
Illinois
Hi everyone,

I purchased a bag through let-trade.com after hearing so many people on tpf say they are reputable and have good customer service. As soon as I paid with PayPal, maybe 5 mins after, my bag was placed on recently sold. I went onto eBay to browse around and found the bag that I had just purchased was being bid on by another person! The seller was also let-trade. Why on earth would they put a bag on their website and eBay at the same time?

meandmylouis

Washington,DC
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Amsterdam-Bali-Jakarta
Let Trade is a reputable reseller from Hongkong. They do not sell as much on eBay anymore as they used too, since they are doing great in their website and their store in Hongkong.
Many of sellers on eBay has their own website. They listed items on both. One of their reason to still list on eBay is to drive traffic to their website. They will end the listing on ebay if the item sold elsewhere or VV. Too bad for the bidder on eBay in this case.

love4mom

O.G.
Aug 9, 2010
New Jersey
Not uncommon. In this market sellers need as much exposure as possible. And if its an auction style listing there is little risk in 'over selling' the item. I'm sure you'll see the auction will be pulled, if not already.
A lot of sellers sell through multiple venues. Sometimes it is risky, because they may sell an item on another website and then sell it again on ebay or the other way around. Chance they take. Not unusual at all.

Apr 15, 2007
A lot of sellers sell through multiple venues. Sometimes it is risky, because they may sell an item on another website and then sell it again on ebay or the other way around. Chance they take. Not unusual at all.
+1... business is business.. exposure is exposure.. nothing surprises me as to how sellers
conduct themselves & what they do...