Hmm... what to do?

mizsunshyne

Mar 8, 2010
Well, ladies I sold a pair of leather boots on Evilbay. However, after I sold them, I went to pack it in its box but low and behold, a tear in the leather. I assumed it was made by a stiletto on Halloween because that's the only way a heel can pierce through leather once and then twice again. So now I have a large tear and a small one!! :cry: I nearly cried, ran to my computer and messaged the buyer.

Buyer had immediately paid after the listing ended. That was 2 days ago. Since then, buyer hadn't emailed me back or anything. I don't want to ship it out, thinking that the buyer will just email me saying that I didn't disclose it in the listing and will SNAD me. I don't want to waste time or money by shipping out something that might come back to me. Plus, PP is charging for refunds now. Ahhh! What to do??

Oh yes. I also wanted to know if buyer does open a case after I have shipped the item out, is it possible to use my emails to state that I did enclose the details to the buyer before shipping it out even though it's not in the listing? TIA!

Why don't you refund the buyer? I'm assuming the boots were in good condition before the tear happened, right? I wouldn't ship them, the buyer is expecting boots without damage. Give them a little more time to answer you. I would give them another day or so then if no answer I'd refund with another explanation and an apology. Hopefully the buyer is understanding. GL!

Thanks MarneeB. That was the answer I was going for but I just wanted the buyer to know that the tear was there. Yes, they were in perfect condition before three pairs of stilettos decided to come over and play dress up on Halloween. I hope the buyer is understanding too. Ah, I hate the waiting game.

There have been a couple of times where I've sold something, and noticed a flaw just as I was packaging the item. In those cases I've just sent a nice e-mail to the buyer mentioning the newly discovered flaw, and offered to still send them the item but at a lesser price, or to just refund all of their money. In every case the buyer has decided to still go with the item & taken the discount - people are typically pretty understanding.

I would offer the buyer a refund or else a partial reduction - up to her! A tear is pretty substantial damage. If you end up refunding hopefully you can cancel the transaction and get your eBay fees back. Wait for her to respond to you though.

Good luck!

smiley-signs003.gif

Well after a couple exchanges of messages, buyer still wanted them. She was quite happy that I told her of the situation. I'm really glad. I hope all still goes well after she receives them.

I now have a "manifest ack" on my DC number when I put it into the systems. I shipped it out Saturday morning. I am not worried but I feel as if my PO isn't doing a good job at this rate. Just a rant.

This is kind of a rant now. Buyer and I have fulfilled our parts. The package was shipped and received shown through DC. However, I reminded the buyer to leave me FB as I would her. All she ever said was, "Don't worry about your feedback." And can't wait to get the package. Then I email her again telling her that the package was already delivered to her place. She hasn't responded or yet left me FB. This is just a rant. Just a rant.