Hmm, is this a defect or to be expected?

Manolos21

O.G.
Jan 22, 2012
20170410_181520.jpg20170410_181454.jpg

Hi friends! I recently got this PM in marine rouge, and while I adore it already, I have a couple quality questions for empreinte experts out there:

1. The monogram is ever-so-slightly off center. I know it's probably barely noticeable to most, and it's really not a big deal, but will this be an issue if I ever decide to sell in the future? Would most people pay attention to it?

2. When I open it up, the inside is a bit wavy and quite stiff. Like, if I press down on the "bubbly" area, it pops back up like stiff cardboard might. This is my first empreinte item, so can someone advise if they've seen it before and whether it'll soften with time? Since it's under the flap, I don't really care, unless someone knows that it's a more serious defect with the leather or structure that would be problematic in the long run.

Thank you!!

hi. I personally never thought of monogram being in the centre or not but last week i came across a thread which spoke about the same and i started thinking about that and it mattered to me. I checked my bag immediately and thankfully it was right in the centre. Ignorance is bliss. but once you become aware of how a particular thing should be then it will not stop annoying you. You too seem to have these 2 doubts so my suggestion would be to take it to the store and request for replacement. Its very very important to be happy with your purchase especially of this high value. Second pic also seems to be little off. like part of leather has loosened up already or stitch is too tight ..

I recently purchased the felicie pochette in marine rouge and had quality issues.. waiving in the top flat and glue residue on the bag. I took the bag back to exchange and they only had one other bag and that one had issues of waiving in different areas,uneven lining and some chalkiness all over the bag. I looked at another felicie pochette in black and that bag was in perfect condition.
When I asked the SA he told me if I really like it then the imperfections shouldn't matter. Then he said if I want he can order in another one but I have to take my bag home with me and exchange it when the new bag comes in. That would mean that I would be stuck with store credit if the new back had problems! I refused to do that asked him to return my bag and just call me when another one comes in. at that point he gave me a lot of attitude refunded my purchase and tried to hurry me off. I feel like there may be a quality issue with this color bag.
The service in this store was terrible so I don't think I will be repurchasing from there anyway.

hi. I personally never thought of monogram being in the centre or not but last week i came across a thread which spoke about the same and i started thinking about that and it mattered to me. I checked my bag immediately and thankfully it was right in the centre. Ignorance is bliss. but once you become aware of how a particular thing should be then it will not stop annoying you. You too seem to have these 2 doubts so my suggestion would be to take it to the store and request for replacement. Its very very important to be happy with your purchase especially of this high value. Second pic also seems to be little off. like part of leather has loosened up already or stitch is too tight ..

Also like your mentioned if you ever decide to sell it there might be people (like me now) who would mind it.

Ok, that's what I figured! While I love the bag now (even with the defects), I might change my mind after a year, and I don't want to be stuck with a defective bag when I still have the opportunity to switch it out for a pristine one!

I recently purchased the felicie pochette in marine rouge and had quality issues.. waiving in the top flat and glue residue on the bag. I took the bag back to exchange and they only had one other bag and that one had issues of waiving in different areas,uneven lining and some chalkiness all over the bag. I looked at another felicie pochette in black and that bag was in perfect condition.
When I asked the SA he told me if I really like it then the imperfections shouldn't matter. Then he said if I want he can order in another one but I have to take my bag home with me and exchange it when the new bag comes in. That would mean that I would be stuck with store credit if the new back had problems! I refused to do that asked him to return my bag and just call me when another one comes in. at that point he gave me a lot of attitude refunded my purchase and tried to hurry me off. I feel like there may be a quality issue with this color bag.
The service in this store was terrible so I don't think I will be repurchasing from there anyway.
Hmm, I'm not a big of that sort of response from an SA... I think even if we love the general style of a bag, we're entitled to have a perfect (or close to perfect) version, rather than having to accept a defective one...

I bought my bag through Saks, so I called them up and they said that they'd be happy to do an exchange but they have to order one in from a different location. The good news is that they're willing to do a swap without any sort of transaction so that I'm able to keep my triple points and MPA promotion. When the new bag comes in, they'll just have me send in my current bag, they'll physically just switch it out, and mail the new bag back to me without having to mess with the financial transaction. I'm hoping that whatever new one they get looks better!