Hippie strap on a Mandy???

Sialia

O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
Has anyone who owns both a Legacy Hippie bag and a Mandy tried to switch the straps between them? If you unclip the dogleash end and undo the buckle at the other end, then potentially you could switch them around so that you could turn the hippie into a shoulder bag, or the Mandy into a cross-body. BUT, I'm not sure if the Mandy strap is wider than the Hippie strap.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks, Kristan. I'd forgotten that...so I wouldn't be able to put the Mandy strap on the Hippie. But hopefully, because the Hippie strap is narrower, it will fit through the buckle on the Mandy. Later on, I'm going to try the Hippie strap on my shoulder bag to see if it'll fit on the wider hardware. I think the shoulder bag strap is about the same width as the Mandy strap.

Okay, so to answer my own question, in case anyone's interested...I tried my Hippie strap on my Legacy shoulder bag and it fits GREAT! And the shoulder bag looked great as a cross-body bag. Also, the shoulder bag strap fit onto the Hippie, converting the Hippie into a shoulder bag. The strap tapers at the end where the grommets are, so it fit through the Hippie buckle. Unfortunately, the strap from the Hippie is black and the shoulder bag is whiskey. But if anyone has those bags in the same colour, at least now you know you can switch the straps around if you want.

Anyway, I'm assuming that it'll work equally well on the Mandy. The one I'm getting is black sig so the black strap from the khaki/ebony hippie will match it. I'm excited that I'll be able to switch the Hippie strap onto the Mandy to carry it cross-body if I need to sometimes. It might look too bulky, though, but I'll have to see.

Kinda stupid/funny moment here (for me hehe).......so as i was reading your post about switching the straps off the hippie and i was like,"Nu uhhh, you cant take off the straps cuz it only clips off one side." So i stared and stared at my hippie, and about five minutes later I realized what you were talking about. :roflmfao: I literally wanted to hit my head with the purse

So now realizing that the straps can be totally taken off I decided to play around with them. So I switched the straps from my hippie to my ali. It looks pretty good (except for the fact that my ali is in whiskey and hippie in white) It kinda looks like an ali messenger bag. Makes me wonder if one can just buy the straps from the hippie. hmmmmm

K, after re-reading this whole thread, i just made myself seem to be more on the slow side. Just wanted to clear that the last time I read the post was around 6ish and thats when i decided to experiment with my bags. Then after submitting the reply above ^^^^^^ was when i read the whole thread again and realized that Siala just did the same thing I did. Oh well. hehe, we all have our days.:smile:

try calling the Coach 800 number and asking for a replacement strap! that way you can make your mandy/legacy shoulder into a crossbody without having to buy a hippie in the same color! :smile: and post pics please, i would love to see!

K, after re-reading this whole thread, i just made myself seem to be more on the slow side. Just wanted to clear that the last time I read the post was around 6ish and thats when i decided to experiment with my bags. Then after submitting the reply above ^^^^^^ was when i read the whole thread again and realized that Siala just did the same thing I did. Oh well. hehe, we all have our days.:smile:

LOL, you're cracking my up, Cameelio! I sure know what you mean about those days...I have a lot of them!:biggrin: Anyway, I'm glad that you posted that you tried it out with the Ali. It's GREAT that the straps seem pretty interchangeable among all the bags. It's like getting two bags for the price of one - which is another way I'll justify getting the Mandy :graucho: .

try calling the Coach 800 number and asking for a replacement strap! that way you can make your mandy/legacy shoulder into a crossbody without having to buy a hippie in the same color! :smile: and post pics please, i would love to see!

Great idea, Jennn! I'm in Canada so I don't know if they'd ship to me but at least I can find out about getting it sent to my store or something. Or getting my SA to order one.