Hippie Question...Shoulder bag or more a crossbody?

How do you wear your Hippie?

• On the shoulder

• Crossbody

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Ever since I took my mushroom back because of the creases in the leather I have been wanting to get another one. Just can't decide for sure because I want to use it as a shoulder bag. I am not found of crossbody bags cause I feel it makes my bottom half even look larger than it is. LOL

So how do you wear your Hippie? Shoulder or crossbody?

It depends on how long I'm going to be wearing it. A lot of times if I'm just walking from my car to my house or office, I'll throw it on my shoulder. If I'm shopping or walking around though, I wear it crossbody. I have the large. It really is great to wear both ways! I feel like it does sort of "accentuate" my curves though if I let it hang behind me while it's crossbody (both in my chest and bottom half), so occasionally I will adjust and hold it more toward the front of my hips, if that makes sense. That way the strap doesn't fit as tight across my chest and the bag doesn't "flop" while I walk against my bottom half, lol.

Last edited:
I tend to wear it cross-body since that's what I prefer, but I have flung it over my shoulder just to run in someplace quickly where I wouldn't need to get into it (like the post office). It feels perfectly comfortable on my shoulder when I've worn it that way.

oh i like it on shoulder! indeed the strap is just pure comfy!
but when i'm out and about with my 2 boys, there will be time when the baby will get clingy and that's when i love the cross-body transformation.. hehe

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hippie, but I prefer to wear it on my shoulder. When I wear it crossbody it hurts me, because the strap is so thin :sad: But, it feels nice to wear it that way too. Since I have a hippie that is lighter color, when I wear it on my shoulder, it is more prone to any color transfer. I've had to apple it almost everytime I use it because I notice some color on there. But, I think with darker colors you shouldn't have that problem....

Which hippie do you want now? ;)

I always wear my Hippie on my shoulder. I don't like the way crossbody looks on me, but I do appreciate having the option and will use it if I really need it.

I always wear on my shoulder too. I actually bought the bag thinking I'd remove the crossbody strap and only wear it on my shoulder. So far I've done just that. I have both a small hippie and a large hippie (haven't used the large yet).

I wear it both ways. Like others, I'll sling it over my shoulder when I won't need it immediately. But if I'm going to be wearing it a while, I wear it crossbody. I love how soft and squishy the shoulder strap is though :smile:

I usually wear it on my shoulder unless I need my hands for something else.

I have a question though...
I usually just let the long strap hang. Do most you guys remove the strap or tuck it in the bag or what?

on hippie, yeah, i will remove the strap and put it inside the bag because the strap is too long for me to have it dangling there..
same thing with the heritage stripe convertible hobo.. also remove the cross-body strap..
but as for sabrina or julianne, i wouldn't mind the strap to just hang there..

I have the small hippies, and I actually use the longer strap as a shoulder strap, I just have it shortened as much as possible and the bag hits against my hip. The shoulder strap on the small is beautiful, but too small to get comfortably over my shoulder (though I've done that too when I've needed my hands free).