Hippie Issues?

Oct 15, 2009
Hey girls good morning, for those who have the new or old hippie, what do you do about the strap on the hippie as a cross body? I just got one 2 days ago, black leather, brought her to class with me and she is killing my shoulder. I don't want to return her so i am thinking of ways to deal with this. Any help would be appreciated thanks :0) zinnia

Girl - I had three of the Parker Hippies - LOVED the look , loved the feel, but honey - the dug into my shoulder like you would not believe - I could NOT wear them crossbody - wow did they hurt

I have the metallic hippie. Unfortunately, the crossbody strap is too short on this bag for me to wear it crossbody. Although, even if I could wear it crossbody, I think it would be uncomfortable because the metallic hippie has a chained crossbody strap which is VERY HEAVY! I just wear mine with the shoulder strap and detached the crossbody strap. LOVE IT this way....very lightweight. Sorry, I'm no help.

well, thanks girls i decided to return her today..

thanks L, that is exactly what i am feeling and so she went, thanks again. And yeah i tried on the shoulder and hurt like hell i have no idea why??

mods feel free to close :0)

Sorry she didn't work out for you. I have several of the older Parker Hippies and I almost never use the crossbody strap, I just use the shorter strap. The bag's weight seems to grow exponentially as soon as I put it on crossbody.

I only own the small Hippies and if you fill it up to capacity (I mean STUFF it), it gets pretty heavy. I can only imagine how heavy the large version is. Now I only put my essentials in my small Hippie and that's how I manage to keep it light and comfortable. I can still handle it when it's full, but it does get heavy like I said. I have also been using my Poppy Hobo (larger bag) and that bag also gets heavy, so when I went back to using small Hippie, it felt lighter. Haha!

I have 3 Parker hippies. I mainly use the black one. Yes, it gets heavy worn crossbody and sometimes I have to wear it on my shoulder to give myself a break from it's weight digging into my shoulder from the crossbody strap. I'm still glad the hippies give me the option at least to wear them crossbody in a pinch when I need my hands free for awhile. None of my Coach bags are perfect and I could tell you something wrong with every single one of them. I love each and every one of my Coach bags nevertheless, because of the gorgeous leather they have and the cute styles.
There's always the option of not loading up the hippie with as many things.

Hey girls good morning, for those who have the new or old hippie, what do you do about the strap on the hippie as a cross body? I just got one 2 days ago, black leather, brought her to class with me and she is killing my shoulder. I don't want to return her so i am thinking of ways to deal with this. Any help would be appreciated thanks :0) zinnia

Every now and then I notice the dig, but I either have the bag overly packed that day or I just wore it in the same spot for an extended period of time, so I adjust or move the strap by using the crossbody strap on the other shoulder (not crossbody but using the crossbody strap), or I switch to the shoulder strap.

I have 3 Parker hippies. I mainly use the black one. Yes, it gets heavy worn crossbody and sometimes I have to wear it on my shoulder to give myself a break from it's weight digging into my shoulder from the crossbody strap. I'm still glad the hippies give me the option at least to wear them crossbody in a pinch when I need my hands free for awhile. None of my Coach bags are perfect and I could tell you something wrong with every single one of them. I love each and every one of my Coach bags nevertheless, because of the gorgeous leather they have and the cute styles.
There's always the option of not loading up the hippie with as many things.

thanks, but trust me i tried everything maybe i am just sensitive, but it still was hurting the next day.

thanks girls, i winded up getting a juicy laptop case, so far it's working for me. I can't find anything coach right now that i like.
:sad:

here is a quick pic: not coach but justed wanted to show what i got instead

juicy001.jpg

juicy004.jpg