Hip listed over retail?

Apr 12, 2009
I don't follow Bal closely enough to be up to date with the rarities, but I don't see many on the second hand market listed for over retail. I thought it was unusual when I saw the price on this Hip. Is it a htf color?

I don't follow Bal closely enough to be up to date with the rarities, but I don't see many on the second hand market listed for over retail. I thought it was unusual when I saw the price on this Hip. Is it a htf color?
Limited edition but nothing that warrants that kind of money IMHO. Edit: I have a pearly bronze Velo from the same collection and I didn’t pay that much.

There’s a pearly bronze on TRR for just under $500.

Reactions: reneeluvscoach
Weirdly the exact same bag is back up on Fashionphile:
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/balenciaga-chevre-classic-silver-hardware-hip-rose-552136
(I can tell it's the same one because of the location of a couple of stains/smudges.) Once again, it's listed for $1015. There's no way this bag stayed on the site since August without any discounts, so...Did someone buy it, then consign it back to them and they're asking the same price? Or did it "cycle" through the discounts (after a certain amount of time a bag is marked down) and they pulled it since there were no takers, and just relisted it back at the oddly inflated price?? :confused1:

Reactions: reneeluvscoach
Weirdly the exact same bag is back up on Fashionphile:
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/balenciaga-chevre-classic-silver-hardware-hip-rose-552136
(I can tell it's the same one because of the location of a couple of stains/smudges.) Once again, it's listed for $1015. There's no way this bag stayed on the site since August without any discounts, so...Did someone buy it, then consign it back to them and they're asking the same price? Or did it "cycle" through the discounts (after a certain amount of time a bag is marked down) and they pulled it since there were no takers, and just relisted it back at the oddly inflated price?? :confused1:
Well, they do have a buy back program...so perhaps that's it.