HIMALAYAN AGAIN ...........

i don't really mind what people think its more a matter of not enjoying how obvious it looks......... and i so agree BIRKIN to formal events are so wrong this is why i have my piano and maharani clutch and i have seen a special order for susan cased she has a kelly cut in himalayan and its just the perfect dose of exotic........ well i think peter nits will be the way for me since my SA said no orders in himalayan for now.

i don't really mind what people think its more a matter of not enjoying how obvious it looks......... and i so agree BIRKIN to formal events are so wrong this is why i have my piano and maharani clutch and i have seen a special order for susan cased she has a kelly cut in himalayan and its just the perfect dose of exotic........ well i think peter nits will be the way for me since my SA said no orders in himalayan for now.
My SA said the same thing last week when we were talking about SO choices. No availability of Himalayan for orders. Good luck on finding your perfect bag. :smile:

This comment is late in the game BUT if you want a bag with the "Himalayan" look and not so concerned about the brand, it's sometimes available from the Singaporean brand, Kwanpen. They've been in business for almost 100 years. Cost a fraction of the Hermes too. I asked the SA and she said its the natural color of the skin - not a secret formula!

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 1.58.57 PM.png

This comment is late in the game BUT if you want a bag with the "Himalayan" look and not so concerned about the brand, it's sometimes available from the Singaporean brand, Kwanpen. They've been in business for almost 100 years. Cost a fraction of the Hermes too. I asked the SA and she said its the natural color of the skin - not a secret formula!

View attachment 4524504

This is flashy looking to me because of the shape and hardware. I guess it's from hanging around this forum and looking at all the photos, but the Himalayan holds no lure for me. It is too flashy and OTT. And not rare enough to be so special. (I mean how many photos have we seen of JLo carrying hers to the gym?)

I don't think the Hermes Himalayan is that rare in B or K and the skin itself is not rare. Kwanpen has had bags and SLGs in it for years. Their aesthetic is not as minimal as Hermes and they tend to use more stand out claps and bright shiny hardware, targeted at a different market. ;)

Reactions: Leia178 and keodi
I pulled this from their site because its the only one in that color. I don't care for this particular clasp. The animal shape is a bit tacky for my taste. Many of their other designs are less bling-y

I like crocodile in smallish bags. I don't think it works as well in large bags because the texture overwhelms the bag silhouette. But that's me.

I pulled this from their site because its the only one in that color. I don't care for this particular clasp. The animal shape is a bit tacky for my taste. Many of their other designs are less bling-y

I like crocodile in smallish bags. I don't think it works as well in large bags because the texture overwhelms the bag silhouette. But that's me.
I entertained getting this bag, the hardware isn’t over the top or too shiny imo :smile:

Attachments

• C7E54011-0203-4A57-A023-EF6056EA94B3.jpeg
    C7E54011-0203-4A57-A023-EF6056EA94B3.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 281