Official Paris Hilton Thread

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Hilton Says She's Not Ready for Marriage

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Paris Hilton said Saturday she ended her five-month engagement to a Greek shipping heir because she's "not ready for marriage" and didn't want it to end in divorce.

The 24-year-old celebutante-turned-model broke off wedding plans with Paris Latsis, 22, because she didn't want to rush into marriage too quickly.

"I feel I'm just not ready for marriage," Hilton said in a statement released to The Associated Press. "I have seen the breakups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly. I do not want to make that mistake."

The couple became engaged in the spring and Latsis gave the hotel heiress a 24 carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring.

Advertisement

Hilton said she still loves Latsis and the pair will continue to work together on business endeavors and have "movies together in the works."

"I'm still young and still have a very active career that I'm not prepared to give up," she said. "I have worked very hard to get to where I am. Paris is a great guy and we will handle this with dignity and respect."

And I'm sure NONE of us expected this! Anyone else think she was just competiting with her other ex-best friend, Nicole Richie??

I heard actually that Mr. Paris's parents objected to the marriage, saying that Hilton was not fit to be part of their family that she was of loose morals. So it was actually Mr. Paris, the fiance who dumped Paris Hilton. got that news from some
london based news site.

sadaf said:
I heard actually that Mr. Paris's parents objected to the marriage, saying that Hilton was not fit to be part of their family that she was of loose morals. So it was actually Mr. Paris, the fiance who dumped Paris Hilton. got that news from some
london based news site.

I did hear that Mr. Paris' family did not like Little Miss Hilton- but who knows! I didn't see it lasting either way!

By the way welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here Sadaf!! :biggrin:

Yeah, she's not ready for marriage - she'd much rather spend her time having another lame book ghostwritten for her. She'll probably become the next R.L. Stine.
>>>>>>
For those who felt Paris Hilton's "Confession of an Heiress" left too many unanswered questions, take heart. MTV reports the ubiquitous "Simple Life" starlet is set to release a sequel entitled "Your Heiress Diary: Confess It All to Me." The new release, which arrives in November, will have a journal aspect to it, with plenty of blank space for you to reveal your deepest, darkest secrets. And don't worry if you can't think of anything juicy to fill the pages. Also included is helpful advice from Paris on what to write, along with 150 pictures of her for inspiration.

sadaf said:
london based news site.

You are absolutely right about that Sadaf! The Latsis' were appalled with the adundant availablity of "the video" and the total lack of regard for this impropriety by Paris and her family. :oh: :amazed:

The buzz was when Kathy and Nicky Hilton went to Greece (during the summer) with the intention of discussing wedding plans with the Latsis', the Laisis' basically dissed the Hilton's by sequestering themselves to some other Island. The Hilton's left Greece without meeting the Latsis' :embarasse

Wow lexigirl! So it seems that Paris Hilton is really trying hard to cover her a** (if that is possible!) regarding the breakup by saying "I'm not ready for marriage". After her public shenanigans, it's gonna be pretty tough for her to be accepted into any "old money" and respectable family. Not to mention, there are countless paparazzi photos of her on the net wearing no underpants or bra, she really should wear more clothes if she wants to be respected. My husband subscribes to Stuff and there she is on this month's cover, wearing WTF clothes again. I thought the Hiltons were rich, the least they could've done was given their daughter an education and some clothes that cover her torso.

Here's another similiar story from imdb.com that really made me laugh out loud. I guess being paid an appearance fee to show up at parties is a career nowadays. When that dries up, she is gonna wish she married into old money.

Hilton: "I'm Not Willing Give Up My Career for Marriage"
Paris Hilton has explained her reasons for breaking off her engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis - she's not prepared to ditch her career for marriage. After just a four month engagement, the 24-year-old hotel heiress broke off wedding plans with Latsis, 22, because she didn't want to rush into marriage too quickly. Hilton, who says she has movies "in the works" with Latsis explains, "I have seen the breakups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly. I do not want to make that mistake. I'm still young and still have a very active career that I'm not prepared to give up. I have worked very hard to get to where I am. Paris is a great guy and we will handle this with dignity and respect." Meanwhile, Latsis's father, Gregoris Kasidokostas, has declined to say why the two broke up, but brands the wedding postponement "common sense", adding, "(Latsis) is young and he should wait (for marriage). He should be patient." Hilton and Latsis first met as teenagers 10 years ago in a Monaco club, and in December they embarked on a romance while skiing in Gstaad, Switzerland, over the holidays. The couple became engaged at the end of May, with Latsis giving Hilton a 24 carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring.

Paris Hilton is such a liar. You can tell she is desperate to get married. But not just anyone, he's got to be some old money son of a tycoon, heir to more money than anyone will see in 10 lifetimes.

Here's a link to a new article about her. She's already trying to nab the next unsuspecting rich heir and get him to marry her. Let's guess how long it will be before she announces her next engagement?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/64332004.htm

I wonder if he or his parents have seen the sexcapade video or her naughty photos?

This should be a lesson to all future heiresses. Don't screw around with people like Rick Solomon if you plan to marry a tycoon.

sadaf said:
This should be a lesson to all future heiresses. Don't screw around with people like Rick Solomon if you plan to marry a tycoon.

Yeah, you would think the Shannon Doherty connection would be enough to get you to turn around and walk the other way.

Paris' funds are probably drying up - why else would she resort to a Carl's Jr. commercial? The greater lesson to all of this is that you can't rely on your family's name for your entire life - go get an education and a career.

Paris has made it pretty far though off many idiotic endeavors. Unfortunately the people keep her in the lime-light, and somehow her stupid books get published, and some old guy may still want to marry her because she is Paris Hilton. Personally, I find nothing about her intriguing. I wouldn't mind if she dropped off the face of the celebrity planet!

Paris' funds are probably drying up - why else would she resort to a Carl's Jr. commercial? The greater lesson to all of this is that you can't rely on your family's name for your entire life - go get an education and a career.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Paris didn't do it for the money. Her family is still quite solvent, by anybody's standards. Here's a link to an interesting article about her money. It's not recent, but it's clear they are not running out of money any time soon.

http://www.gorillamask.net/heiress.shtml

Regarding the Carl's Jr. ad, she did it because she was asked to do it. Some creative person at Carl Jr's ad agency though it would be great to have Paris Hilton in their campaign, and the Company agreed. (BTW, for those who never saw it, it was taken off the air after 6 viewings because it was a tad too risque for the air waves. And the "buzz" about that ad is still.....) Since her video was released Paris has been ranked at the top of the celebrity list (She's usually among the top 10, never been lower than #25 since 11/2003. I am in an advertising/marketing related business, so through business we subscribe to many reference tools to provide us with quantified data about celebs, trends, etc).

Paris is considered to be an advertising/marketing phenomenon and success. As I mentioned, I am in an advertising/marketing related business, so I'm speaking from that perspective. None of what I'm stating is my own personal opinion, just facts about Paris.

People think, "she has no talent, so what's all the hype about?" But since her video was released, she starred on a successful Reality TV show (for several years), wrote a book, got her own fragrance and is being developed as a brand by that company, appeared in some films and TV commercials, appeared on magazine covers yadda, yadda yadda. The quality of her "work" doesn't go into the "success equation" in her case. It's because she has the "gift" of perpetuating the buzz about herself, and never about the same thing that keeps her at the top of "the list". (We are contrbuting to that "Buzz" by discussing her here.. LOL!)

It was advertising week last week in NYC. I attended many panel discussions throughout the week, most of them related to trends, branding and celebrities as a brand. I kid you not that at each one of these discussions I attended, Paris always came up as an example of "when marketing is done right".

Case in point, when I google "Paris Hilton" I came up with 15,300,000 hits!

Lexi

That was a very long and well-thought reply in defense of Paris. I am suprised anyone feels that strongly about it, but I will respect your opinion.

But I am fairly certain that if the internet were in full swing at the time, there would have been several thousands hits for "Billy Ray Cyrus" (which there probably are now). And look what happened to him.

I strongly feel that she is a flash in the pan, and just because her family is quite well off it doesn't mean that money is hers. What she is doing to make money is capitalizing on an image that will not last for long.