Hillier Hobo or Too hot to handle hobo?

handbagmad

May 25, 2007
Trying desperately to decide between the two handbags I've always admired the Hillier but also love the look of the new Hobo with new logo both I've seen (black is at least the ddecided colour!) have gold hardware not sure if I prefer silver but have seen people with the gold and do like it what are your opinions my only ? on the hillier is that the new one seems to have a button closure instead of magnetic not too fond of that but the lining is the nice strong black and white logo THTH hobo has magnetic closure but new stardust logo lining so not as outstanding help me decide!

I have a hillier and love it. I just saw the Too Hot to Handle and its really nice. I think you should go to a department store with both handbags and try them out. I like the magnetic closure to, it makes it easy to go into the bag and get stuff.

Too Hot to Handle:

Classic Q Hillier:

Good luck deciding!

I also dislike the button closure. I would go with a hillier, but purchase a NWT one on eBay that has a magnetic closure, or perhaps you can find a leftover one at a dept store. (I saw a black one at Nordstrom with a magnetic closure alongside the new bags)

Well went in and had a look and brought home the hobo to try out have left tags on as I'm not 100% sure I know I love the bag itself it's just the gold hardware I'm not sure of but the hiller has it too but hate the button closure what do you think?

image-836137593.jpg

image-1686787013.jpg

image-1281497593.jpg

Honest options please thanks

For me the THTH is too plain, I like the ruched details on the Hillier as well as the long strap that is non-adjustable. I also dislike the gold hardware, and that would be a decisive point for me when choosing.

i agree w/glamteacher that is does look more plain, but i like it on you! understated but still stands out to me.

one thing i don't like about the hillier is that the long strap isn't adjustable. still a great bag, but i'd actually be more prone to get one if it could be worn crossbody.

I am trying to make the same decision right now! I am SO torn! What did you decide?

I love both bags too! but I don't know about the gold... I have seen Too Hot To Handle in black with silver hardware so I'm more likely to go for it just for that reason (can't find Hillier with silver hardware!)
Let us know what you ended up with :smile:

handbagmad, I honestly think this looks great on you!

I have it with silver (from Bagheeraboutique)

I orignally got gold hw but its not for me in gold, but this looks amazing on you.

I have a hillier but I prefer THTH bag more! even thinking of buying the Rum colour!

Hey girls I went for the silver hardware but love the bag just trying to plan my next purcahse now ;), glad I stuck with the THTH hobo as lots of people have the Hiller which I still think is lovely bag but the ones I saw only had goldhardware and button closure and I dislike that.

Bump

What's wrong with gold hardware? I think gold is becoming more popular. Do you girls think this bag looks better in silver hardware or do you not like gold hardware in general?

I'm deciding btwn the hillier and thth as well...

handbagmad, I honestly think this looks great on you!

I have it with silver (from Bagheeraboutique)

I orignally got gold hw but its not for me in gold, but this looks amazing on you.

I have a hillier but I prefer THTH bag more! even thinking of buying the Rum colour!

Hi there emmajayne!

I hope you dont mind my asking as you've mentioned you bought your bag at bagheeraboutique. How is it? I am looking into their bags and wanted to get one for myself. I'm worried about the authenticity and the shipping. What was your experience with them. Thanks
:smile::smile::smile: