High waist cut off shorts - anyone a fan?

I'm not a fan. It looks too "mom" jeans to me. I actually only like high-waisted jeans shorts cuffed and undistressed. I think the high-waisted looks should be polished and clean looking. The tattered and casual look with high-waisted shorts looks very poor and trashy, in my opinion.

I'm not a fan. It looks too "mom" jeans to me. I actually only like high-waisted jeans shorts cuffed and undistressed. I think the high-waisted looks should be polished and clean looking. The tattered and casual look with high-waisted shorts looks very poor and trashy, in my opinion.

This. I also think these would look bad on about 90% of women...they even look bad on Vanessa Hudgens and I bet you money she has a case of pancake butt going on in the back. The wash also plays a big role too...Vanessa's are awful while the black ones are more forgivable. But the black outfit has way better proportions too.

I like the look from the front, but not on me. It makes anyone wearing it have the "mom jeans butt", lmao!!

I agree! I think some high-waisted shorts can look really nice.

I don't like the cut-offs, but I like some high-waisted jeans shorts. I have a pair from Delia's that I really like:
22hp4n.jpg

I saw a girl wearing these once, and they looked terrible - made her stomach look very big. I think it's easy to style these poorly and they probably look unflattering most of the time.

This. I also think these would look bad on about 90% of women...they even look bad on Vanessa Hudgens and I bet you money she has a case of pancake butt going on in the back. The wash also plays a big role too...Vanessa's are awful while the black ones are more forgivable. But the black outfit has way better proportions too.

yep, VH is super skinny and has a great bod, but these aren't super flattering on her. i'm not a huge fan of high waisted shorts, only of high waisted jeans.