High Shipping, PARCEL POST?

nycshopa

Nov 7, 2009
I paid $20 for shipping for this one seller and she shipped PARCEL POST? I am in the same state, how long will that take?

I still haven't got a package from 2 weeks ago from across the country using parcel post...

Should be fast if within the same state but possible a few days say 1-3. But $20 for parcel post in the same state is RIDICULOUS! It should be around $6 if anything. You could get priority for less too!

Yikes! I just received a gift sent Parcel Post from RI to NV and while it took 3 weeks (!), the total shipping cost for a large box weighing approx. 2 lbs was $2.96!!!

It was around 3lbs and can easily fit in a priority box, I can't believe she charged me $20 for PARCEL post. I wonder how long it'll take for me to get any of my items with those parcel post shippings at high costs :sad:

^It took about 2 weeks I would presume. I'm not too sure since I shipped it out and I'd get feedback like 2+ weeks later. Parcel post always state 2 weeks or less to get but you got to hold your breath and hope you get your package. When I waited for my package from NY under priority, it took 5 days. So it just depends on how fast USPS is working. Same state should arrive faster unless seller decides to ship later. Hopefully that isn't the case with you, OP.

^It took about 2 weeks I would presume. I'm not too sure since I shipped it out and I'd get feedback like 2+ weeks later. Parcel post always state 2 weeks or less to get but you got to hold your breath and hope you get your package. When I waited for my package from NY under priority, it took 5 days. So it just depends on how fast USPS is working. Same state should arrive faster unless seller decides to ship later. Hopefully that isn't the case with you, OP.

Which state are you in? You said that you shipped it 2-3 states away and it took 2 weeks! omg!!!

^I'm in CA, dear. Shipping all depends. Like for example, I sold something on the 25th recently and shipped it out same day parcel for to Alhambra, CA for $8 and the buyer received on the 30th. Another one, (to be more relevant out of state), I shipped a package on the 6th to Alabama and buyer received on the 16th. So it just depends, OP. Just be patient and relax while you're at it.

Wow really?!? It usually costs me $8 just to ship to two states away parcel post under 2 lbs.

Yeah, I don't know how on earth this package cost only $2.96 but that's what it said on the postage printout on the package! I couldn't believe it.

It was an unexpected gift from family in Rhode Island and I am shocked they sent it Parcel Post and without any delivery confirmation or anything!

When you finally receive the package, check the postage cost and ask her to refund you the difference! Parcel post should not cost $20!!

Good luck!

What were the shipping terms in the auction?
I know I have been tempted to use PP because all my sales seem to go to zone 8 clear across the country!