High quanity of non-authentic bags..?

1. I am curious, have the overwhelming number of fake designer bags in any way impacted your excitment of owning a real designer bag? Do you ever make buying decisions based on what designers are being copied?

2. I would have to say yes AND no..(much help huh) Mono is copied heavily...but that doesn't exactly stop me from wanting the Mono..however, I tend to purchase them in styles that aren't seen often. Also, I like damier a lot because that isn't knocked off as frequently either. In general, i like carrying bags that are't heavily knocked off.. For example, the burberry pebbled leather shoulder bag with the horn toggle.

3. Whether or not a bag is counterfeited does not impact my desire for it. Knowing that a specific brand puts their bags on "clearance" does.

I prefer to not buy bags that can be found on a clearance table one season later.

4. Fakes used to bother me a lot but now I don't mind. Like the designers say, it is a form of flattery.

5. Loganz, which brands put their bags on clearance? I feel like Marc Jacobs does (but I still like his bags) but you're right it's kind of a bummer to see a bag on sale that you have paid out the wazoo for!

6. ^^^^yes, I hate that feeling when you pay full price for something then see it sitting there all forelorn on the clearence table. I've had that happen w/ particular styles of jeans too. I don't like paying $200 for a pair only to find them on the 40% rack later in the year, yuck!

I don't like the idea that anyone would think a bag that I either bought at full price, or (with the help of everyone on the forum!) thoroughly researched and bought on eBay, was fake.

7. Yes- years ago (b4 I bought my first LV) I didn't want any LV mono

8. Whether or not a bag is highly copied does not affect my bag purchases. I know the difference and that's all that really matters to me.

9. Fakes don't influence me when buying. There's always going to be someone who says/believes your bag is fake if it's over a certain price. So, I get the style I want no matter how copied it may be.

10. Truthfully, as long as I buy real ones, then I'm fine with what I buy. As long as I get what I want, I love it. That's enough

I dont approve of fakes at all. I dont see why you need to that diservice to everyone else, the brand that you just "bought". Also, I wanted to point out that there are a lot of fake websites out there that pretend they are authentic and they are not. So I feel bad for people who think they are getting a good deal, when they are in fact getting played by those websites.

11. nope!

12. the thought use to bother me but not anymore. i figure, let 'em think what they want. only a real fabulista would know if my bags are real. and those who simply want to judge just don't matter.

13. I used to be leary about buying LV, because I saw too many fakes. I changed my mind after I got one. Now, I don't give a hoot what's being copied. If I want it, I'll get it.

14. Ditto.

15. As long as I like the bag and know that it is authentic then I'm happy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice