High-profile charity event -- please help me accessorize this dress!

That dress is beautiful! I'd say large-ish earrings instead of necklace since it has an interesting neckline, and maybe a coloured shoe like others have suggested. Chunky neklcae is a great idea too, I'm just biased as i'm more of an earring girl... have fun!

OP,

That's a very sophisticated dress, I love the structure and lines. No necklace needed! The dress neckline is exquisite and interesting.

Good choice with the black patent sling-back shoes (if your Chanel bag has SHW, you could also go with a gunmetal sling-back to add that pop of color).

As for jewelry, I'd do diamond or pearl drop earrings, and a chunky cocktail ring. I love the 3/4 sleeves on the dress and if I were to add a bracelet, it would be a delicate diamond tennis bracelet.

Regarding your black Chanel, you'll want to match your jewelry with the silver or gold hardware.

We're all excited for you, do let us know what you finally decide. Cheers!

That dress is beautiful! I'd say large-ish earrings instead of necklace since it has an interesting neckline, and maybe a coloured shoe like others have suggested. Chunky neklcae is a great idea too, I'm just biased as i'm more of an earring girl... have fun!

Thank you! I have a chunky necklace on hold for me at a local boutique just in case. I have a feeling it won't look right but I wanted to see it with the dress.

Thank you! I have a chunky necklace on hold for me at a local boutique just in case. I have a feeling it won't look right but I wanted to see it with the dress.

I'm still sold on the chunky necklace idea! Normally I'm all about simplicity and clean, classic lines but at an event like this you need something more WOW than just a pair of red shoes or a red clutch. You need some sparkle! Pizzazz! To me the neckline is screaming for something. It's perfectly crescent shaped and has that little notch in the front so it kind of flaps open....it wants a necklace! :smile: just make sure it's fitted to your neck...the more the better. I hope your necklace works and if it doesn't you can always wear something very sparkly on your wrist. :graucho: You'll look fab no matter what!

OP,

That's a very sophisticated dress, I love the structure and lines. No necklace needed! The dress neckline is exquisite and interesting.

Good choice with the black patent sling-back shoes (if your Chanel bag has SHW, you could also go with a gunmetal sling-back to add that pop of color).

As for jewelry, I'd do diamond or pearl drop earrings, and a chunky cocktail ring. I love the 3/4 sleeves on the dress and if I were to add a bracelet, it would be a delicate diamond tennis bracelet.

Regarding your black Chanel, you'll want to match your jewelry with the silver or gold hardware.

We're all excited for you, do let us know what you finally decide. Cheers!

Thanks so much, Cocosapphire -- I appreciate your feedback! I have a cocktail ring on hold for me at the same boutique mentioned in the above post. Hopefully it works!

Good point about making sure the HW on the bag match the jewelry!

Thanks again!!

I'm still sold on the chunky necklace idea! Normally I'm all about simplicity and clean, classic lines but at an event like this you need something more WOW than just a pair of red shoes or a red clutch. You need some sparkle! Pizzazz! To me the neckline is screaming for something. It's perfectly crescent shaped and has that little notch in the front so it kind of flaps open....it wants a necklace! :smile: just make sure it's fitted to your neck...the more the better. I hope your necklace works and if it doesn't you can always wear something very sparkly on your wrist. :graucho: You'll look fab no matter what!

Thanks, Mia Bella! If I decide to get the necklace tomorrow, I will try to post a photo!!

I ended up buying a necklace and cocktail ring from Ann Taylor. I absolutely love the ring but I have not tried the necklace on with the dress yet, so I am not sure if it will work. You can't tell from the photo, but it has hundreds of tiny crystals embedded in the chain links. It's very pretty. AT is currently having their F&F sale (30% off). The necklace was a steal at $22 (orig. $118); the ring was around $35.

Attachments

• ATRing.jpg
    ATRing.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ATNecklace.jpg
    ATNecklace.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 27