High-profile charity event -- please help me accessorize this dress!

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Hi, ladies!

I need some help. I am going to a high-profile holiday fund-raiser event in a few weeks. It is a cocktail party. My photo will be taken and possibly published in local papers and/or on the charity's Web site -- eek!! Below is the dress, shoes, and bag I was planning to wear.

Dress: Adrianna Papell

Shoes: Christian Louboutin sling-backs (photo borrowed from Yoogi's Closet)

Bag: Chanel - mine is black, but is identical to the one in the photo (photo borrowed from Yoogi's)

Do you think this is too much black? Should I wear chunky/bold jewelry that makes a statement or keep it simple? Would pearls or diamonds work better?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, ladies! I appreciate your help!

Attachments

Mia Bella

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Thank you so much for the jewelry recs! I LOVE the second necklace and the cocktail ring!

Laziza

Jan 13, 2010
ME
Neckline of the dress is beautyful. You should leave it as it is.
I would wear big statement earrings plus a cocktail ring and/or a big bracelet.

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
It is a lot of black. How about a pop of color either for the bag or shoes. I've seen people in all black with red shoes, or black dress, black shoes and a red bag. Very chic.

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Kdo, Snibor, Kendal, Kgirl:heart:, Marie-lou, and Kr0pka: Thank you all so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it! I am going to try to find a red or burgundy evening bag.

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
Hi HN! Sounds like it is going to be really fun and all for a wonderful cause!

I agree with the neckline of the dress not needing a necklace.....I think great earrings, ring and bracelet are the way to go.....I would stay with the black bag as I would not want it to be my focal point......make your earrings/face the focal point! Since there may be a photo op, I think your hair/face/earrings will be what stands out in a group distance or close up shot......how are you wearing your hair? And what is your coloring......it would make a huge difference as to colors that would be most flattering;) Maybe look at some of the photos taken of local events by the local mag/paper for your area(especially if you know who usually publishes these type of events).......the photographers usually keep with the same format/style:smile:

Last edited:

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
^^Thank you so much!

I did take a look at photos from last year and the women looked incredibly stylish. I am a bit nervous that my outfit won't be up to par! :sweatdrop: