High Heels Survey - Help me with my Statistics Class

Some instructors obtain a blanket approval for their course - especially if their students are doing surveys and such. You should check with your instructor to see if any ethics approvals for your survey are required.

Chromatopelma, I'm in business school studying for my MBA, focusing on Finance, but I had to take a statistics class as its required. I could see how I would need a waiver/consent if I had a more hands on study, like seeing the effects of walking in 4" Louboutins vs cheap 4" shoes from the mall! lol. one can only dream...

Frozendiva, I have stats class tomorrow, and I will ask about ethics and how it relates to our project! its a good question!

If no personal information is collected and the questions are strictly multiple-choice, the ethics part may not be required or you just get the class blanket approval. However, most grad schools here require the students to complete an ethics form for any research they do that involves people.

thanks so much for all the help ladies. I'm going to be closing the survey on Saturday so I can start digging through the data for my project. if you still want to participate, please click on the link below.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GP49S3NEHsPNX_2bPju9158Q_3d_3d

Frozendiva, I asked my professor about it today during the class and she said it wasnt required for our course since the topic of the survey wasnt asking for any personally identifiable data but if we were to ask for data like name, address, income etc that we would have needed waivers.