High Heels Survey - Help me with my Statistics Class

ambicion6

carbaholic
O.G.
Sep 29, 2006
Don't know if this is allowed, but if it is, please help me!

I am currently in graduate school in Chicago studying for my MBA and one of the classes I am taking this quarter is statistics. I have a project as my final and my project is going to be about high heels!
Yes, I am conducting a study on high heels :nuts: Lol.:tup:

If you are a female, and would like to help me out with my data collection, please click on the link below.

It will take no more than 5 minutes and you don't have to give any identifying information like name, location, salary etc. Just your height, age, and how many pairs of shoes you own, plus some other questions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=S0aRcAx4ZSSvG6Q_2fmD_2b2aw_3d_3d

Thank you!!!!

Thanks so much ladies to those who responded. I got a crazy overwhelming response!!!! I'm using the free version of survey monkey and so it limits me to only 100 responses. thanks sooo much!!! I will post back what the results of my project are in a couple of weeks. Should be some interesting stuff :smile:

lol if the rest of my team decides that we want more responses and we end up upgrading our version of survey monkey to one that allows more responses, i will be back!!!! :smile:

lol I know right. I'm on team with 2 other women and we have about 5 different surveys going on depending on who we are targeting (ie. one survey is just for the people we go to school with to fill out, one survey is just for the people who are my facebook friends to fill out etc) so hopefully we get a variety of responses, and from looking at the data so far, it seems that we are!

An ethics application? how so? please teach me! we didnt cover that in our statistics class :sad:
I assume that by deciding to take the survey, you are consenting.
My survey isnt collecting any identifiable personal information, just age, height, and how many pairs of shoes you own.

What kind of course are you on?
Basically normally before a participant takes part in the study (at least when we are carrying out experiments) we have to get the fully informed consent of the participants, this usually involves giving them something to read beforehand and then getting them to sign it to say they understand what is going on with the study. There are other ethical issues that need to be addressed such as the participants should be aware that they have the right to withdraw from the study at any time. Also confidentiality is usually discussed, participants details should usually be anonymous (which yours is anyway.)

The British psychological society has a page on ethics which may be of use to you. http://www.bps.org.uk/the-society/code-of-conduct/code-of-conduct_home.cfm

I do however think your survery is of a slightly different nature and isn't really on the same scale. If you're worried I would discuss it with your course tutor. Also the above is coming from what I have learned and have to go by from the British side of psychology so it may be a bit different for you.